ZMA is a food supplement whose formula combines zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 naturally. The clinical trials have proven that ZMA increases the free testosterone levels and the muscle strength of athletes in just 8 weeks.
ZMA supplements were designed after a thorough study that proved how around 70% of athletes suffer a zinc and magnesium deficiency.
Therefore, ZMA supplements are an effective solution for those athletes and bodybuilders who want to improve their performance naturally.
What is ZMA?
ZMA is a supplement made up of zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6, vital elements for several biological processes. Most people who follow a balanced diet will get enough zinc and vitamin B6. The magnesium intake will vary depending on the type of diet.
Zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 are involved in all the metabolic processes of the body. They play a crucial role in the protein synthesis. However, our body loses these nutrients when we train. This is when ZMA supplementation comes into play by replacing the nutrients and improving the athletic performance.
ZMA is a proprietary formula that combines zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 naturally. Zinc improves our strength, resistance and muscle mass. Moreover, it also helps to increase the anabolic growth hormone and testosterone.
Magnesium is fundamental for the oxygen supply to the muscle tissue. In addition, it increases the strength, resistance and relaxation. Another effect consists of activating the enzymes which are necessary for the metabolization of amino acids and carbs.
Those who defend ZMA supplements claim that it provides a series of benefits for athletes and bodybuilders. Some of them are improving the quality of sleep and shortening the recovery. Moreover, it increases the physical resistance and strength, as well as the testosterone levels.
To sum up, we could say that…
- ZMA is completely natural and hormone free. The clinical studies have proven that ZMA supplements help to improve the physical performance and testosterone levels.
- There are two different zinc compounds in the ZMA formula which are biologically active. These are zinc monomethionine and zinc-magnesium aspartate.
- The effects of ZMA are achieved due to the proportion of their three compounds. It is also important to take into account the dose and the moment it is taken.
- Zinc improves the muscle growth and enhances the physical resistance and performance. At the same time, it stimulates the production of the growth hormone and testosterone.
- Magnesium also contributes to improving the sport performance, since it increases the strength and resistance. Simultaneously, it ensures a proper relaxation while activating the necessary enzymes to improves the metabolism of carbs and amino acids.
- When we overexercise or follow an unbalanced diet, we can experience zinc and magnesium deficiencies. ZMA supplements prevent this from happening thanks to its nutrient content.
- Said supplements can also increase the testosterone levels naturally. Consequently, they increase the male libido and sexual potency.
- Clinical studies conducted on athletes have proven that a 70% of the cases suffer a zinc and magnesium deficiency.
- Food is not enough to achieve the exact composition of ZMA supplements.
- These compounds from ZMA supplements produce multiple benefits on specific bodily functions. As we previously mentioned, they are specially meant to improve the sport performance of athletes and bodybuilders.
ZMA is advised for:
- People who practice all kinds of sports.
- Muscle contraction.
- Toning the muscles.
- Regenerating and relaxing the muscles.
- Relieving the muscle spams and tension.
- Increasing the male sexual potency.
- Treating fluid retention problems.
- Those who suffer insomnia.
- Combat against weakness.
How to take ZMA?
The nutritionists warn us about the fact that current diets can trigger a zinc deficiency and other problems. This is even more serious for athletes, bodybuilders and active people who need more zinc. Moreover, this deficiency can also happen with magnesium (recommended daily dose between 300 and 400mg).
In order to fix this deficiency, we can take ZMA supplements which have a unique combination of completely natural ingredients. ZMA dietary supplements can recharge these vital minerals that the body needs.
Who can benefit from taking ZMA?
- Athletes from all kinds of sports, from beginners to the elite.
- Bodybuilders who perform intense workouts or who do strength sports.
- Physically active people.
- Those who want to improve the sport performance.
- Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction or a low libido.
You can purchase ZMA supplements at HSN.
What do the experts think about ZMA supplements?
- ZMA supplements developed from a clinical study conducted on athletes from all disciplines, more than 200,000 people. The study proved how around a 70% of them have a zinc and magnesium deficiency, as well as low testosterone levels. After obtaining these results, the scientists developed the ZMA formula.
- Said supplements proved their efficacy in an eight week clinical study, controlled with placebo. The results proved how taking ZMA supplements increases the blood testosterone levels in a 32.4%. In addition, ZMA supplements increase the IGF-1 or growth factor in a 3.6% and the free testosterone levels in a 33.5%. The reliability of this study was verified and controlled with a placebo group.