Today we are talking about a current issue, as a consequence of the circumstances, and it is the concept of “maskne” or acne due to the use of masks.
What is acne?
Acne is the enemy of those who wish to have healthy skin.
This problem often emerges at different stages of life, such as puberty, and sometimes becomes prevalent during adulthood.
The causes of outbreaks vary.
Acne due to your mask?
Of course, the current situation and the use of the mask make acne present again in many people who normally did not suffer from it.
So much has become established in our lives that we are already familiar with the term “maskne”, because of acne from the use of a mask.
If your skin produces a lot of oil or you find yourself in a stressful environment, this imperfection will be guaranteed to come out in any part of your body such as your face or back.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started on the purification process:
How to treat acne that can be caused by the mask?
A poor diet, lack of ventilation, excessive sweating, prolonged use of masks, etc… can cause the production of bacteria that generate acne.
Therefore, first of all on a nutritional level, you should avoid meals with a high level of fat.
This advice is essential if you are prone to these skin imperfections.
- However, that reality will change if you opt for vegetables such as broccoli and asparagus. Incorporating these vegetables into your diet will eliminate the toxins ingested by that unhealthy diet you’ve been following.
- On the other hand, eating fish such as salmon will give your skin the freshness you’ve always wanted and will make those flaws in your face disappear.
- Don’t forget the legumes, such as lentils.
- And nuts and dried fruit because they are rich in properties such as zinc and potassium which, like Omega 3, will offer you the possibility of eradicating acne.
- Also put potatoes aside and don’t overdo it with dairy products. Reduce or moderate the cheese, butter and ice cream of your life.
- At the same time, consider fruits such as avocado. It has the virtue of giving you a glowing, inflammation-free complexion.
- And choose water over alcoholic drinks and soft drinks.
All those foods indicated will free you from impurities and cleanse your face of the bacteria that have gradually accumulated on your face.
What to do if you have a mask?
Of course the current situation has been a stress factor for everyone, work problems, uncertainty, safety measures, use of masks… Who would not be stressed in the face of a pandemic like this?
The maskne is here to stay.
The sebaceous glands are delicate and their malfunctioning causes this skin problem called acne.
Stress has a great influence on its outbreak because it causes you to produce hormones such as cortisol. Therefore, not only will they generate this defect, but others that will affect your health in every way.
There are also steps you can take to eliminate stress, even in this time of pandemic that has hit the world.
- Exercising will help release endorphins in your brain and
- Meditation will be as indispensable as a good consumption of healthy food.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of liquids either, at least two litres of water a day will do you good.
How can mask use make the situation worse?
In these times, we must all wear a mask for our health.
However, remember that it can be harmful to the freshness of your facial skin. Acne is one of the problems that emerge, as oil accumulates in it slowly and silently.
Things get worse if you wear makeup, so avoid it.
On the other hand, the emotional stress that the pandemic may cause you and the use of the mask are two lethal weapons that threaten the wellbeing of your face.
Eliminating acne can sometimes be difficult because of the moisture this hygienic accessory generates, so be persistent and do not stop purifying your face, as well as following the advice given above.
How to avoid maskne?
As we have said, a diet rich in vegetables, less stress and constant care of your skin after using the mask is essential to keep your skin healthy.
On the other hand, if the question on your mind is how to prevent the maskne produced by masks? Other tips to clean your face are:
- Use vaseline;
- Use hydrating creams;
- Fragrance-free soap;
- Anti-acne products and sunscreen.
Other suggestions to combat acne
Now that we are talking about that accessory that is unfortunately in fashion because of the Covid-19 and the consequent mask, we want to mention some suggestions related to natural masks.
These could become the alternative you were looking for to improve your inflamed and pimply skin. There are many homemade products that offer you the power to eliminate acne from your life:
- If your skin doesn’t produce excess oil, then the honey and aloe vera mask will do the trick. Wait for it to work for a little more than ten minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, is another option, but not for your skin, of course. If you have developed acne on your back, it will help you a lot to eradicate the problem. Keep it on the affected areas for at least five minutes.
- And, there is one that is never missing: the aloe vera mask. Thanks to it and the acid combination of lemon you can remove all the fat accumulated in your pores.
So don’t stop being persistent in order to maintain an acne-free complexion and, of course, a body free of blemishes thanks to a healthier and happier life.
You will see the results!
- “Mascarillas naturales para una belleza radiante” y “Secretos de belleza natural” Maripi Gadet (2018 y 2005 respectivamente)
- We recommend the Best Foods for Skin Care. Visit this link.
- How to start Meditation? click here.
What it is - 100%
Why it occurs - 100%
How to treat it - 100%
Recommendations - 100%