- 100% Dextrose powder.
- Monohydrate form, better dissolution.
- No additives, maximum purity.
- High Glycaemic Index.
- Perfect for demanding workouts.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Table of contents
Dextrose Powder by RawSeries is a powered food of Dextrose monohydrate.
Dextrose is glucose with a linear rather than a cyclic hydrocarbon chain; it provides a high amount of energy (4kcal/g) and is rapidly absorbed in the gut, with a Glycaemic Index of 100.
Dextrose powder is a food obtained from the degradation of starch, and is 100% vegan.
It is perfect for athletes who perform high-intensity and long-duration training.
Dextrose is a monosaccharide, a simple carbohydrate.
Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of normal muscle function (contraction) after high intensity and/or long duration physical exercise that leads to the development of muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle.1
'The Glycaemic Index, which is a nutritional property of carbohydrate-rich foods, is defined as the increase in the area under the blood glucose response curve after consuming a 50g serving of glycaemic carbohydrate from a food test expressed as the percentage response to the same amount of carbohydrate from a standard reference taken by the same subject' (FAO/WHO, 1998 cited in EFSA 2010).
The reference for the glycaemic index is always glucose (dextrose), with a value of 100, a high glycaemic index showing that its absorption is fast and therefore its availability as an energy substrate is also fast.
This characteristic is decisive for sportsmen and women, which is why it is such a popular food for this population group.
HSN's product is a food, 100% Dextrose monohydrate, and contains no other ingredients (or additives) in its composition.
One of the virtues of 100% pure dextrose is that its sweetening value is half that of sugar.
This is an advantage for athletes, who can prepare high-energy drinks for consumption before, during and/or after training without the need to dilute the solution excessively.
Dextrose is less sweetening than other sugars, making it more convenient to use for athletes who require large amounts of carbohydrates.
The presentation of the food is dextrose monohydrate (C6H12O6 x H2O).
The addition of a water molecule to dextrose reduces its moisture uptake than in anhydrous form, making it easier to preserve and increasing the shelf life of the food.
Similarly, dextrose monohydrate improves its solubility profile in polar media (such as water or juices), so it dissolves instantly.
It is ideal for making your shakes by mixing it with proteins such as Evohydro 2.0.
Forget about finding sediment in your intra-workout bottle!
Dextrose is obtained from the degradation of starch present in maize.
Starch is a huge polymer made up of thousands of glucose units, so its hydrolysis releases dextrose which can then be processed into food.
It is vegetable, suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets.
A serving of Dextrose is made by dissolving 50g in a variable quantity of 500-625ml to maintain a solution at 8-10% concentration. This maintains the tonic balance of the drink and avoids gastrointestinal discomfort during sport.
Consume as many services as you need to meet your nutritional needs.
Goes great with:
- EFSA (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to carbohydrates that induce low/reduced glycaemic responses (ID 474, 475, 483, 484) and carbohydrates with a low glycaemic index (ID 480, 481, 482, 1300) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal 8(2):1491.
- Boron, W., Boulpaep, E. (Eds.) (2017). Medical physiology: a cellular and molecular approach. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders/Elsevier.
- Dahl, H. A., Rodahl, K., Stromme, S. B., & Åstrand, P.-O. (2003). Textbook of work physiology: physiological bases of exercise (4th ed.).
- Jeukendrup, A. (2014). A step towards personalized sports nutrition: carbohydrate intake during exercise. Sports Medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 44 Suppl 1(Suppl 1), S25-33.
- Thomas, D. T., Erdman, K. A., & Burke, L. M. (2016). American College of Sports Medicine Joint Position Statement. Nutrition and Athletic Performance. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 48(3), 543–568.
1 The effect is achieved with carbohydrate consumption, from all sources, at a total intake of 4g per kg body weight, in doses, during the first 4 hours and no later than 6 hours after intense and/or long duration physical exercise leading to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscle.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 50g|
|Daily dose: 50g|
|Servings per container: 20|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||0g|
|of which sugars||100g|
DEXTROSE POWDER 1Kg NO FLAVOUR ingredients:Dextrose monohydrate.
How to take DEXTROSE POWDER 1Kg NO FLAVOUR:Mix 50g with 300-400 ml of water.
Warnings de DEXTROSE POWDER 1Kg NO FLAVOUR:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.