This product is out of stock,
but other customers ordered
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids
- Supplementation for 1 year
- With Vitamin E
- Take 1 softgel a day with a meal
- Each softgel provides 300mg of Omega-3
- Produced in a Certified Laboratory from the E.U.
What is Omega-3 by Vitaminalia?
Omega-3 by Vitaminalia is a food supplement that contains Omega-3 essential fatty acids from fish oil.
Essential fatty acids have great benefits for the human body. This supplement is made of an 18% of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and a 12% of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Omega-3 is a polyunsaturated fatty acid that we take daily through food. This essential fatty acid is found in vegetable oils and fish, specially fatty fish and seafood. It is also available in walnuts, although in smaller amounts.
Omega-3 supplementation helps us meet the daily requirements of fatty acids. This Vitaminalia product will meet your Omega-3 requirements for an entire year.
Properties of Omega-3 fatty acids
Omega-3 fatty acids provide many benefits. We can highlight some of the most important ones:
Reducing the inflammation
There are several studies about the effects of Omega-3 on inflammatory processes within the human body.
The Medical School of the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom conducted a study in which they stated that: 'Atherosclerosis has an important inflammatory component and acute cardiovascular events can be caused by inflammatory processes which occur in advanced plaques. Fatty acids can lower the inflammation through a series of mechanisms. The contents of arachidonic acid EPA and DHA seem to be important. The anti-inflammatory effects of marine n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may support their protective effects against atherosclerosis and plaque rupture.'(1)
Preventing heart diseases
A study conducted both in humans and animals revealed that taking Omega-3 significantly lowers the electrical excitability of the cardiac myocyte membrane, reducing its potential while resting and the duration of the refractory period by inhibiting the ion channels. This is due to the fact that it reduces the heart rate at rest and, therefore, the increased intake of omega-3 fatty acids will probably help us prevent cardiovascular diseases. (2)
Relieving menstrual pain
Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation reduces the intensity of the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhoea. This was confirmed by a study conducted with women between 18 and 22 years of age that suffered menstrual pains during their period. (3)
Relieving discogenic pain
To test whether Omega-3 supplementation was beneficial or not for individuals with neck or back pain, a study was conducted with 250 people who suffered these pains and they were given Omega-3 fish oil.
The results of this study revealed that Omega-3 supplementation is a safer alternative when compared to other anti-inflammatory treatments for neck or back pain. (4)
How to take Omega-3 by Vitaminalia
It is advisable to take between 1 and 3 softgels of this supplement daily, according to your needs, to meet the recommended daily amount of Omega-3. We strongly suggest taking the softgel together with the main meals.
It contains 365 softgels for an entire year of supplementation.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- All of those who want to meet their daily requirements of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Athletes who are very demanding with their diet and who want to meet their nutritional requirements.
1. Calder PC. The role of marine omega-3 (n-3) fatty acids in inflammatory processes, atherosclerosis and plaque stability. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Jul;56(7):1073-80. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100710.
2. Jing X. Kang. Reduction of heart rate by omega-3 fatty acids and the potential underlying mechanisms. Front Physiol. 2012; 3: 416. Published online 2012 Oct 30. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00416
3. Rahbar N1, Asgharzadeh N, Ghorbani R. Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on intensity of primary dysmenorrhea. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012 Apr;117(1):45-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.11.019. Epub 2012 Jan 17.
4. Maroon JC, Bost JW. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: an alternative to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain. Surg Neurol. 2006 Apr;65(4):326-31.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 3 softgels|
|Servings per container: 365|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Omega 3 fatty acids||300mg||++|
|Natural Vitamin E||17.9mg||149%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
OMEGA-3 3000mg - 365 softgels ingredients:Fish oil (18% EPA, 12% DHA), gelatine, water, humectant [E422 (glycerine), D-alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E).
How to take OMEGA-3 3000mg - 365 softgels:Take from 1 to 3 softgels daily, preferably with the meals.
Warnings de OMEGA-3 3000mg - 365 softgels:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep in a cool and dry place, out of reach of the smallest children.