VALERIAN EXTRACT (5:1) 500mg
- Valerian Extract.
- 5:1 Extraction .
- 0.8% Valeric acid.
- With vitamin B3.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Table of contents
Valerian Extract (5:1) 500mg by EssentialSeries is a dietary supplement in vegetable capsules based on Valeriana officinalis root extract, with vitamin B3 in the form of nicotinic acid.
Valerian is widely used all over the world for its great capacity for infusion and for making hot drinks.
Valerian Extract is suitable for vegan diets.
- Valeriana officinalis helps to maintain natural sleep.
- Valeriana officinalis promotes optimal relaxation.
- Valeriana officinalis promotes digestive system activity.
- Valeriana officinalis promotes mental well-being in cases of tension and stress.
- Valeriana officinalis to promote calm in cases of irritability.
- Niacin contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Niacin contributes to normal psychological function.
Complementing valerian extract.
Valerian Extract is used for its high concentration of different valerates, typical of the Valeriana officinalis species, including a complex acid known as valeric acid or valerianic acid.
Valerian Root Extract by HSN contains 0.8% valerianic acid.
The Valerian Extract from HSN is developed using the roots of Valeriana officinalis, which are the parts of the plant with the highest concentration of its chemical constituents of interest.
Valerian Extract is not just another product on the dietary supplement market. The quality standards of the production process are reflected in the characteristics of the product. Find them out!
The extract refers to the concentration in equivalent to the amount of plant used.
A 5:1 extract means that each mg of plant extract is equivalent to 5 mg of native plant part.
This way, consuming a significant amount of common valerian is easier, each capsule of Valerian Extract (500mg) is equivalent to 2500mg of the native root of Valeriana officinalis.
At HSN we use the best raw materials for the development of our dietary supplements, including herbal extracts.
Valerian Extract by HSN is 5 times more concentrated, and comes from the roots of the plant, the part with the highest valerate content.
This has made it possible to standardise a high % of valerianic acid in the plant.
Standardisation is the measurement of multiple productions using the same developmental characteristics of a herbal extract to determine the minimum concentration of a chemical constituent in its composition.
In valerian, the compound of greatest functional interest is valeric acid, and a good quality raw material must have a guaranteed content of this compound.
EssentialSeries Valerian Extract is standardised to 0.8% valerianic acid.
Herbal extracts are not always suitable for vegans, and sometimes they're not even suitable for vegetarians, why?
Because most dietary supplements use coating agents or lacquers of animal origin, sometimes from gelatine or other connective structures of pigs.
At HSN we use hypromellose, a high-strength glazing, that is derived from plant cellulose.
Valerian Extract by HSN is suitable for vegan diets.
Learn more about valerian:
- Fernández-San-Martín, M. I., Masa-Font, R., Palacios-Soler, L., Sancho-Gómez, P., Calbó-Caldentey, C., & Flores-Mateo, G. (2010). Effectiveness of Valerian on insomnia: A meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Sleep Medicine, 11(6), 505–511.
- Shinjyo, N., Waddell, G., & Green, J. (2020). Valerian Root in Treating Sleep Problems and Associated Disorders—A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine, 25, 2515690X20967323.
- Bent, S., Padula, A., Moore, D., Patterson, M., & Mehling, W. (2006). Valerian for Sleep: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. American Journal of Medicine, 119(12), 1005–1012.
- Roh, D., Jung, J. H., Yoon, K. H., Lee, C. H., Kang, L. Y., Lee, S. K., … Kim, D. H. (2019). Valerian extract alters functional brain connectivity: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Phytotherapy Research, 33(4), 939–948.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Valerian Root (Valeriana officinalis)|
|from 5:1 extract of Valeriana officinalis root (0.8% Valerianic acid)|
|Vitamin B3 (nicotinic acid)|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|