PREMIUM NUTRITIONAL YEAST (ENGEVITA®) FLAKES
- Nutritional yeast flakes.
- Flakes enriched with vitamin D.
- Raw material: Engevita®.
- Umami flavour. Used in vegan recipes.
- High protein and fibre content.
Table of contents
Premium Nutritional Yeast (Engevita®) Flakes by FoodSeries is a food based on dehydrated, enriched inactive yeast, produced by processing of Saccharomyces cerevisiae bacteria.
The 'premium' nutritional yeast is enriched with natural Vitamin D thanks to the environment used to grow the yeast.
HSN's Premium Nutritional Yeast (Engevita®) Flakes are manufactured from Engevita® raw material.
Premium nutritional yeast has a naturally present vitamin content that provide a number of health properties:
- Pantothenic acid helps reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Riboflavin contributes to normal energy metabolism.
- Iron contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Vitamin B12 helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
In addition to the incredible benefits of vitamin D:
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal calcium levels in the blood.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of bones in normal conditions.
- Vitamin D contributes to normal muscle function.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of teeth in normal conditions.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Vitamin D contributes to the process of cell division.
There's also a standard version without added vitamin D: Nutritional Yeast.
Premium nutritional yeast has a high fibre content thanks to its nutritional composition. It contains 20g of fibre per 100g of product.
Premium nutritional yeast contains 50g of vegan protein per 100g of inactive yeast. Enriched yeast proteins are of high nutritional quality. Benefits of enriched yeast protein:
- Protein helps increase muscle mass.
- Proteins help maintain muscle mass.
- Protein helps support healthy bones.
Inactive yeast has an intense umami taste.
Umami flavour is known to be an enhancer of other taste, such as salty or spicy flavours.
Premium nutritional yeast doesn't need to be cooked for consumption. In fact, one of the most common ways to enjoy it is as a seasoning.
Have you heard about its use in popcorn? Nooch (nutritional yeast) is a condiment used in cinemas, especially in the United States, to enhance the flavour of popcorn and give it a cheesy flavour.
In fact, one of the most common uses of inactive yeast is as a topping on pasta and rice dishes as vegan grated cheese.
HSN's premium nutritional yeast is developed from Engevita® raw material.
Engevita® is a registered trademark of the Lallemand Group, a world leader in the manufacture of nutritional yeast, as well as other ingredients.
Engevita® is an inactivated nutritional yeast grown as complete food. The premium version is enriched with vitamin D as the dehydrated yeast flakes absorb the vitamins of the environment they're grown in, which in this case contains vitamin D.
In addition, the yeast is:
100% free from genetically modified organisms.
And this has been certified by the Non-GMO Project, one of the most prestigious international associations that accredit the absence of GMOs in food as free from Genetically Modified Organisms.
But it doesn't end there: Engevita is also a Kosher and Halal premium nutritional yeast.
A dose of just 5g of premium nutritional yeast provides 350% of the minimum recommended daily dose of Vitamin D.
It's a simple and tasty way for vegans to source the vitamin.
Premium nutritional yeast contains no allergens specified in European Regulation 1169/2011.
You can use it along with:
- Soup and creams.
It goes well with many foods, but it's especially good added to vegan ready meals.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop of 25ml (5g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|of which saturated|
|of which sugars|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.25)|