In the sports nutrition section of our website, you'll find a select range of products containing selenium and other multiple properties of the nutrient.
We help you look after your immune system with the perfect triad: unbeatable price, superior quality and effective service.
What is Selenium and what is it used for?
Selenium is an essential mineral for metabolism health and comes in several forms:
- Inorganic (sodium selenite and selenate).
- Organic (selenocysteine-SeCys-).
- We use L- selenomethionine (L- SeMet) as it's a pure and active form that, through a metabolic process, can be stored in the body and serve as a reserve to selenium, ensuring its transfer and conservation and therefore its correct immune function at all times.
It has several features that contribute to:
- Normal immune system function.
- Maintenance of thyroid function, hair and nails.
- Sperm formation or spermatogenesis (reproductive).
- Protecting DNA, protein and body fats from oxidative stress caused by free radicals (unstable molecules that damage body cells).
What foods contain Selenium?
The most selenium-rich foods are:
- Meat, fish, seafood and eggs (protein source).
- Nuts, such as brazil nuts, pine nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Pasta, whole grains, brewer's yeast and wheat germ.
- Fruits loaded with this mineral: strawberries, bananas, grapes, watermelon and avocado.
- Vegetables: mushrooms, garlic, beans and cucumber.
Where to buy Selenium Online
At HSN, we have various versions of this micronutrient available so that you can work on your health hand-in-hand with our EssentialSeries brand.
- L-selenomethionine 100 mcg, per serving, in 120 vegetable capsules. The capsules are made from hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, meaning they're suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
- L-selenomethionine 200 mcg an amino acid + trace element supplement in convenient vegetable capsules. Suitable for vegans thanks to its natural composition.
Reasons to add L-Selenomethionine to your basket.
At HSN, we use the natural form of selenium, L-selenomethionine, in contrast to the selenised (inorganic) yeast of other manufacturers, which stores, preserves and retains selenium.
Above all, we guarantee a high purity percentage of the mineral and high bioavailability, making it a more efficient source.
We follow a criteria of excellence throughout the preparation, presentation and distribution process.
We make products that are suitable for vegans both in their composition and coating, with no ingredients of animal origin or their derivatives.
Thousands of users who take or have taken this in-house product have recommended it and told us about their experience on the website.
Incredible offers on your basket and alongside other fantastic promotions, and all with very practical payment methods.
FAQ'S: En este apartado hallarás toda la información del mineral selenio
Our customer service team will answer any questions you might have about the supplement, the purchase process, or your order.
Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions by our users.
How much selenium should I take and when?
According to SEOM recommendations, the recommended daily intake is 55 μg for adults and healthy people.
Take one capsule a day, with a meal, no matter the time, but always following the advice of a specialist.
What does selenium help?
Adequate levels of selenium in your body will help:
- Maintain strong hair and nails, and a balanced thyroid.
- Reproduction (generating quality sperm if you're male).
- Protecting your cells from oxidative damage.
In any case, selenium deficiencies can be resolved with a dietary supplement taken under the supervision of a health professional. At no time should they substitute food intake or a healthy lifestyle.