RUSH PUMP - 375g
- Amino acid pre-workout product
- 8000mg of L-Citrulline malate, 5000mg of L-Arginine and 500mg of Oxystrom®
- Nitric oxide without creatine
What is Rush Pump?
Rush Pump by Weider is a food supplement powder made from amino acids, amaranth extract, beetroot, ginkgo leaf powder, vitamins and minerals. With sweeteners.
To take Rush Pump you just have to mix 1 scoop (25g) in 300ml of water.
Amino acids and Rush Pump
Rush Pump is a pre-workout made up by amino acids like:
- L-Citrulline Malate: is a precursor of nitric oxide in the NO synthase pathway. Taking Citrulline Malate before a competition has the potential to improve the performance. (1) A study suggest that Citrulline Malate increases the resistance performance from the upper body of trained men. (2) Another study suggests that using Citrulline Malate supplementation could contribute to improve the performance during multiple strength exercise of the lower body part of men trained in advanced resistance. (3)
- L-Arginine: taking this amino acid improve the growth hormone response and combining Arginine and physical exercise increase the growth hormone. (4) L-Arginine supplementation could improve the sport performance of male athletes. (5)
- L-Glycine: according to a study, it can revert the inflammation due to the effect of TNF-α by controlling the amount and activity of metalloproteinases. It was proven that the molecules involved in the remodelling of the extracellular matrix are modulated both by the TNF-α as well as the availability of collagen precursors. This study claims that glycine can be useful when it comes to treating the inflammation and to modulate the metabolism of the tenocytes in the tendons. (6)
- Taurine: is a very abundant amino acid in the heart. In fact, Taurine contributes to several physiological cell functions, such as the osmoregulation, anti-inflammation, membrane stabilization, ion transport modulation, regulation of oxidative stress and the synthesis of mitochondrial proteins. Taurine improved the physical function and reduced the post-workout cardiovascular parameters. (7)
Properties of Rush Pump
Rush Pump is a very complete pre-workout supplement that is made up of amino acids, amaranth extract, beetroot, ginkgo leaf powder, vitamins and minerals.
One of its components is Oxystrom®, which is made up of amaranth extract.
The ginkgo leaf helps to treat mild or moderate symptomatic cerebrovascular insufficiency. It supports a good cognitive function and preserves the memory. Moreover, it contributes to a proper blood flow apart from improving the peripheral circulation. It also supports a good nervous balance.
Niacin contributes to a correct psychological function, the energy metabolism, the proper functioning of the nervous system, preserving the mucous membranes, the skin and decreasing the tiredness and fatigue.
This pre-workout by Weider provides vitamins like:
- Vitamin B6: supports the synthesis of cysteine and the energy metabolism, contributes to the functioning of the nervous system, regulates the hormone activity, decreases the tiredness and fatigue, supports the functioning of the immune system and the formation of red cells, while contributing to the metabolism of proteins and glycogen and the metabolism of homocysteine.
- Vitamin B12: contributes to the energy metabolism, to the homocysteine metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, a correct psychological function, while helping to produce red cells and supporting the functioning of the immune system, decreasing the tiredness or fatigue and playing a role in the cell division process.
- Vitamin D: contributes to regulating the blood calcium levels, supports the maintenance of bones and teeth, the muscle function, as well as the functioning of the immune system while playing a role in the cell division process and helping to lower the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness.
Who can benefit from Rush Pump?
- Athletes and active people
1. Glenn JM, Gray M, Jensen A, Stone MS, Vincenzo JL. Acute citrulline-malate supplementation improves maximal strength and anaerobic power in female, masters athletes tennis players. Eur J Sport Sci. 2016 Nov;16(8):1095-103. doi: 10.1080/17461391.2016.1158321. Epub 2016 Mar 28.
2. Wax B1, Kavazis AN2, Luckett W3.Effects of Supplemental Citrulline-Malate Ingestion on Blood Lactate, Cardiovascular Dynamics, and Resistance Exercise Performance in Trained Males. J Diet Suppl. 2016;13(3):269-82. doi: 10.3109/19390211.2015.1008615. Epub 2015 Feb 12.
3. Wax B, Kavazis AN, Weldon K, Sperlak J. Effects of supplemental citrulline malate ingestion during repeated bouts of lower-body exercise in advanced weightlifters. J Strength Cond Res. 2015 Mar;29(3):786-92. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000000670.
4. Kanaley JA. Growth hormone, arginine and exercise. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):50-4.
5. Pahlavani N, Entezari MH, Nasiri M, Miri A, Rezaie M, Bagheri-Bidakhavidi M, Sadeghi O. The effect of l-arginine supplementation on body composition and performance in male athletes: a double-blinded randomized clinical trial. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017 Apr;71(4):544-548. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2016.266. Epub 2017 Jan 25.
6. Vieira CP, Viola M, Carneiro GD, D'Angelo ML, Vicente CP, Passi A, Pimentel ER. Glycine improves the remodeling process of tenocytes in vitro. Cell Biol Int. 2018 Jan 18. doi: 10.1002/cbin.10937. [Epub ahead of print]
7. Ahmadian M, Dabidi Roshan V, Ashourpore E. Taurine Supplementation Improves Functional Capacity, Myocardial Oxygen Consumption, and Electrical Activity in Heart Failure. J Diet Suppl. 2017 Jul 4;14(4):422-432. doi: 10.1080/19390211.2016.1267059. Epub 2017 Jan 24.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (25g)|
|Servings per container: 15|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Oxystorm® amaranth extract||500mg||++|
|Ginkgo Biloba Extract (leaf)||120mg||++|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl)||0.7mg||50%|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||1.25µg||50%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|