- Protein shake with lumps
- Ultra-filtered protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate
- 19g of protein per serving
- 50mg of L-glutamine and 50mg of taurine
- Several flavors
What is Protein Delite?
Protein Delite by Scitec Nutrition is a food supplement powder made of whey and milk protein, amino acids, taurine, sugar and sweeteners.
In order to enjoy this delicious protein shake with small lumps, you just need to mix 1 serving (30g) in 300ml of skimmed milk or water. Take 1 or 2 servings after the workout or for dinner.
Sports and Protein Delite
Protein Delite provides 19g of protein per serving, contributing to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass, apart from keeping the bones healthy.
Milk protein is an excellent source of all essential amino acids and it can be an ideal source of protein to stimulate the anabolism in older adults that carry out resistance training routines. Milk protein supplements, when combined with an endurance training routine, are an effective way to gain mass without fat in older adults. (1)
Taking protein after an endurance training stimulates the accumulation of muscle protein during the post-workout recovery. That is why protein supplements are necessary in order to increase the ability of the skeletal muscle to adapt to prolonged endurance exercises. Using protein increases the muscle mass and strength after a long workout with endurance exercises. (2)
Properties of Protein Delite
Protein Delite is a shake rich in protein which helps to increase the adaptive response of the skeletal muscle in resistance exercises, apart from increasing the muscle mass and strength during long workout sessions. (2)
Moreover, these delicious protein shakes provide L-glutamine and Taurine:
- L-glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in our organism. It is an important metabolic substrate for in vitro cell cultures and it is a precursor form of purines, pyrimidines and phospholipids. Glutamine affects the cell hydration state and it has multiple effects on the immune system, the intestinal function, and the protein metabolism. (3)
- L-Glutamine shortens the recovery and relieves the post-workout muscle soreness. (4)
- Taurine is an abundant amino acid from our heart. It supports several physiological functions of cells, such as the osmoregulation, anti-inflammation, membrane stabilization, ion transport regulation as well as regulation of oxidative stress and the synthesis of mitochondrial protein. Taurine improved the physical performance and reduced the cardiovascular function parameters after the workout. (5)
1. Hidayat K, Chen GC, Wang Y, Zhang Z, Dai X, Szeto IMY, Qin LQ. Effects of Milk Proteins Supplementation in Older Adults Undergoing Resistance Training: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Control Trials. J Nutr Health Aging. 2018;22(2):237-245. doi: 10.1007/s12603-017-0899-y.
2. Cermak NM, Res PT, de Groot LC, Saris WH, van Loon LJ. Protein supplementation augments the adaptive response of skeletal muscle to resistance-type exercise training: a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012 Dec;96(6):1454-64. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.112.037556.
3. Roth E, Spittler A, Oehler R. [Glutamine: effects on the immune system, protein balance and intestinal functions]. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 1996;108(21):669-76.
4. Legault Z, Bagnall N, Kimmerly DS. The Influence of Oral L-Glutamine Supplementation on Muscle Strength Recovery and Soreness Following Unilateral Knee Extension Eccentric Exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015 Oct;25(5):417-26. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2014-0209.
5. Ahmadian M, Dabidi Roshan V, Ashourpore E. Taurine Supplementation Improves Functional Capacity, Myocardial Oxygen Consumption, and Electrical Activity in Heart Failure. J Diet Suppl. 2017 Jul 4;14(4):422-432. doi: 10.1080/19390211.2016.1267059.
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 3/4 scoop (30g)|
|Servings per container: 33|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||8g|
|of which sugars||11.67g|