VITAMIN E 400IU - 60 gel caps
- Contributes to cellular protection against oxidative stress
- High Vitamin E content
- Take 1 gel capsule a day
- Each service provides 268mg of Vitamin E
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E by Quamtrax is a nutritional supplement in gel capsules made from Vitamin E D-alpha tocopherol.
Properties of Vitamin E
Vitamin E has great benefits for human health. The main source of vitamin E is found in food products of plant origin such as oils and vegetable fats. We can also find it in seeds, nuts and in avocados.
The hectic lifestyle that many people have, makes it hard to meet the minimum daily amounts of vitamins and minerals, therefore many people opt for supplementation.
Vitamin E and its antioxidant role
Vitamin E acts on the cellular membranes where it avoids the propagation of free radical reactions. Vitamin E is the main fat-soluble vitamin in the body. (1)
Vitamin E and eye health
Visual impairment is a worldwide epidemic and it concerns thousands of people. The World Health Organization (WHO) promotes and combats visual impairment. It has been confirmed that Vitamin E contributes and prevents eye diseases. (2)
Vitamin E and skin
Several studies have reported that vitamin E occupies a central position as a highly efficient antioxidant, thus providing possibilities to reduce the frequency and severity of skin pathological events. (3)
Vitamin E and muscle recovery
Taking Vitamin e supplementation an hour before exercise reduces cell damage markers after exercise in hypoxia and causes a change in the cytokines concentration. This suggests a possible protective effect against inflammation induced by hypoxia during exercise. (4)
Vitamin E and cardiovascular health
Vitamin E helps to protect cells from the presence of toxic compounds and has important anticoagulant properties, therefore it has an important role as a protector of the cardiovascular system. (5)
Who is this supplement for?
- All of those athletic and active people
- All of those people who wish to ensure they cover their recommended daily amount of Vitamin E
- All of those people who want to benefit from any of the properties of Vitamin E
1. Herrera E, Barbas C. Vitamin E: action, metabolism and perspectives. J Physiol Biochem. 2001 Mar;57(1):43-56.
2. McCusker MM, Durrani K, Payette MJ, Suchecki J. An eye on nutrition: The role of vitamins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants in age-related macular degeneration, dry eye syndrome, and cataract. Clin Dermatol. 2016 Mar-Apr;34(2):276-85. doi: 10.1016/j.clindermatol.2015.11.009. Epub 2015 Nov 22.
3. Nachbar F, Korting HC. The role of vitamin E in normal and damaged skin. J Mol Med (Berl). 1995 Jan;73(1):7-17.
4. Santos SA, Silva ET, Caris AV, Lira FS, Tufik S, Dos Santos RV. Vitamin E supplementation inhibits muscle damage and inflammation after moderate exercise in hypoxia. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2016 Aug;29(4):516-22. doi: 10.1111/jhn.12361. Epub 2016 Apr 8.
5. Spence J, Chintapenta M, Kwon HI, Blaszczyk AT. A Brief Review of Three Common Supplements Used in Alzheimer's Disease. Consult Pharm. 2017 Jul 1;32(7):412-414. doi: 10.4140/TCP.n.2017.412.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 1 softgel|
|Servings per container: 1|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopherol)||268mg||2233%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|