EVOCASEIN 2.0 (MICELLAR CASEIN + DIGEZYME)
- 25g of protein per serving
- 100% micellar casein protein, suitable for vegetarians
- Digezyme® enzyme complex
- Unique protein structure, timed release protein
What is Evocasein 2.0?
Evocasein 2.0 by HSNsports is a food supplement made from a slow digestion protein fraction from cow milk: casein, the only source of protein of the product, without fillers, without added amino acids. This product is 100% micellar casein which has a high molecular weight and an external polar structure, which results in an excellent solubility and availability.
Casein has a unique structure, which is the reason why it is the best source of protein when we are going to spend several hours without eating!
Why take Evocasein 2.0?
Evocasein 2.0 provides protein with a unique structure known as micelle. This results in a series of features that no other protein source has due to the big size and complexity of the molecule. Our gastrointestinal system uses it to make a gel that is slowly released from the stomach, providing a slow and constant amino acid discharge to the bloodstream. In the end, the protein utilization by the body is much more efficient than with other protein sources (Hoffman & Falvo, 2004).
When we asses the quality of a protein we take into account its amino acid digestibility score, which is the most reliable marker when it comes to determining the quality of the protein. Currently, the highest score is at 1.00. However, when we apply a correction factor due to the unique features of casein, this source reaches a score of 1.23. As you can see, it is higher than the highest score itself. What does this mean?
It means that casein supplementation can provide more benefits when it comes to stimulating the protein synthesis for a long period of time (Hoffman and Falvo, 2004).
How is this possible?
Boirie et al. (1997) wanted to study this issue and they found out that taking casein slowly increased the blood leucine levels, instead of triggering a peak like other fast absorption proteins do.
This slow release avoids saturating the blood with amino acids, since the body tends to oxidize the excess in order to eliminate them. In the end, this protein stimulates the protein synthesis in the muscle cells, among other functions.
This is particularly interesting for those athletes who are following a cutting phase, since the amino acid oxidation is higher and it is extremely important to protect the blood amino acids during this period, as well as preventing ups and downs.
That is why authors specialized in night nutrition such as Trommelen and Van Loon, (2016) prefer to use a slow absorption protein like casein for their studies. As we previously said, it produces a gel in the stomach that will provide nutrient more efficiently for a longer time.
However, casein has occasionally triggered gastrointestinal discomfort, precisely due to the amount of time that it can remain in our digestive system. Sometimes, it can make us feel heavy, that is why our Evocasein 2.0 also has Digezyme™.
Digezyme™ is an enzyme complex that has been specially designed to improve the digestion of nutrients. It contains enzymes that digest protein, lactose, lipids and carbohydrates (Majeed et al., 2018).
You will no longer feel heavy after taking casein!
When is the best time to take Evocasein 2.0?
Evocasein 2.0 is a product that you can use at any time of the day, although it has been specially designed for the following situations:
- As a source of protein when you are going to spend more than 4 hours without eating.
- As a source of protein during an advanced cutting phase in order to protect the muscle tissue.
How can we combine Evocasein 2.0?
Combine our Evocasein with palatinose to prolong its digestion and absorption (Gorissen et al., 2014), specially when you are going to spend even more time without taking a protein supply.
- Boirie, Y., Dangin, M., Gachon, P., Vasson, M. P., Maubois, J. L., & Beaufrère, B. (1997). Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 94(26), 14930–14935.
- Gorissen, S. H. M., Burd, N. A., Hamer, H. M., Gijsen, A. P., Groen, B. B., & van Loon, L. J. C. (2014). Carbohydrate coingestion delays dietary protein digestion and absorption but does not modulate postprandial muscle protein accretion. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 99(6), 2250–2258.
- Hoffman, J. R., & Falvo, M. J. (2004). Protein - Which is Best? Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, 3(3), 118–130.
- Majeed, M., Majeed, S., Nagabhushanam, K., Arumugam, S., Pande, A., Paschapur, M., & Ali, F. (2018). Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of a Multienzyme Complex in Patients with Functional Dyspepsia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Journal of Medicinal Food, 21(11), 1120–1128.
- Trommelen, J., & van Loon, L. J. C. (2016). Pre-Sleep Protein Ingestion to Improve the Skeletal Muscle Adaptive Response to Exercise Training. Nutrients, 8(12).
|per 100gper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (30g)|
|Servings per container: 17|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||1g|
|of which sugars||0.1g|
|Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.38).|
Ingredients:Micellar casein (milk), flavoring, thickeners [E412 (guar gum) and E415 (xanthan gum)], salt, color [E160ai) [carotenes (beta-carotene)]], natural flavoring, digestive enzymes complex designed for nutrition (alpha-amylase, protease, beta-D-galactosidase, lipase, and cellulase) (Digezyme®), sweetener [E955 (sucralose)].
How to take EVOCASEIN 2.0 (MICELLAR CASEIN DIGEZYME) 500g BANANA:Mix 1-2 scoops with 250-500ml of skimmed milk or water.
Warnings:Keep in a cool and dry place.
Amino Acids Profile
|Amino Acids Profile||x100g|
In this section you can see and download the research carried out by independent certified laboratories, providing the most precise and detailed information of each one.
Protein Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Vanilla
Amino Acid Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Banana
Protein Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Banana
Amino Acid Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Capuccino
Protein Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Capuccino
Amino Acid Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Chocolate
Protein Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Chocolate
Amino Acid Analysis - Evocasein 2.0 Strawberry
Protein Analysis Evocasein 2.0 Strawberry
Good digestion. I combine this casein with whey isolate after training. I feel so good, no stomach discomfort at all. Perfect for me.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
As a coffee lover, I had to try the cappuccino flavor and I absolutely love it. Although I always put the powder on another recipient because I feel like the zip of the bag does not close very wellHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Good product in general
Maybe I do not know how to do it right, but it gets a little foamy when I mix it with milk. The results are excellent though, you can truly feel its satiating effect.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
It is an excellent protein to take before going to sleep to recover throughout the night. I like the banana flavor and it dissolves really wellHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics