ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) POWDER
- 100% Vitamin C Ascorbic acid
- It provides the daily recommended dose in each serving
- Source of Vitamin C
- RAW product, without additives
- Neutral flavor
- In-house production
Table of contents
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) by HSNraw is a nutritional powder supplement made of 100% ascorbic acid.
In order to consume this powder supplement you have to mix 1 scoop, 500mg of product, and the amount of water or juice that you wish.
Vitamin C is a water soluble and essential micronutrient for our organism, since it is involved in several functions. It is necessary to eat foods that are rich in this vitamin or use nutritional supplementation in order to meet the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
Some of the remarkable functions of Vitamin C are:
- Contributing to the normal formation of collagen for the normal functioning of the bones, cartilages, blood vessels, gums, teeth, and skin
- Helping to maintain a proper functioning of the nervous and immune system
- Reducing the tiredness and fatigue
- Increasing the absorption of iron
- Contributing to the protection of the cells from oxidative stress
Vitamin C has a fundamental role within both the innate and adaptive immune system. It is in charge of supporting the antibacterial activity and it also inhibits an excessive activation of the immune system to prevent tissue damage.
It also has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant function in our organism. Moreover, Vitamin C acts a an enzymatic cofactor, which is extremely important in order to maintain tissue integrity, and it plays a crucial role in the formation of epithelial, endothelial, and skin barriers.
Several studies have shown that the use of Vitamin C helps to reduce the symptoms of common colds, such as asthma, respiratory infections, and bronchial hypersensitivity.
Vitamin C protects us against oxidative stress, prevents the non-enzymatic glycosylation of proteins, and improves arterial dilation through its effects on the release of nitric oxide. It also decreases the lipid peroxidation and relieves inflammatory processes.
- Anyone who wants a vitamin C supplement to meet the daily recommended amount of this vitamin
Bibilography about Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
1. Holmannová D, Kolácková M, Krejsek J. [Vitamin C and its physiological role with respect to the components of the immune system]. Vnitr Lek. 2012 Oct;58(10):743-9.
2. Hemilä H. Vitamin C and common cold-induced asthma: a systematic review and statistical analysis. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2013 Nov 26;9(1):46. doi: 10.1186/1710-1492-9-46.
3. Ellulu MS. Obesity, cardiovascular disease, and role of vitamin C on inflammation: a review of facts and underlying mechanisms. Inflammopharmacology. 2017 Jun;25(3):313-328. doi: 10.1007/s10787-017-0314-7.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (500mg)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (1000mg)|
|Servings per container: 300|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||500mg||625%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients:Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C).
How to take ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) POWDER - 150g:Mix 500mg (1 scoop) with the amount of water or juice that you want. Take 1-2 times a day.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
In this section you can see and download the research carried out by independent certified laboratories, providing the most precise and detailed information of each one.
I use vitamin C all year long to avoid colds and other diseases and to reduce the oxidation process since I’m a high performance athlete, this is a very valuable supplement for meHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Nice energy supply
I've always used vitamin C supplementation because it makes me feel more energised, I like to mix it with some juice and drink it in the morning to start the day full of energy and vitality.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Helped me to improve my iron levels
I suffer from anemia and my doctor said I should use some vitamin C supplements to improve its absorption, after using this one for a little while I did a blood test and the results are better, will keep using it for sure!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics