- 500mg of L-histidine per capsule
- Important precursor of proteins
- Vegetable origin
- Suitable for vegans
What is L-histidine 500mg?
L-histidine 500mg by HSNessentials is the purest form of this amino acid in capsules.
L-histidine is an important component of the proteins from food and it is naturally present in our organism, making up part of our muscles.
Why take Histidine?
L-histidine is an essential amino acid, meaning that we will need to take it from the diet in order to avoid suffering a disease caused by a protein deficiency (Institute of Medicine, 2005).
It is available in most of the products that contain protein:
- Eggs and meat are great sources of animal origin.
- Soy is also a great source of vegetable origin.
However, athletes have higher protein requirements, which means that they also need more L-histidine (Jäger et al., 2017). Moreover, it has important functions when it comes to regulating the organism of athletes.
This product is also available in capsules! A more comfortable format.
The functions of L-histidine
L-histidine is important when it comes to having a good balance in the organism. Due to its indispensable nature, it means that our body cannot synthesize it on its own, which means that we will have to obtain it from other sources.
Histidine and protein formation
We need it to produce the proteins that make up our body (for example, the ones from our muscle mass). Without it, we cannot create them.
A deficiency has been associated with a negative nitrogen balance or catabolism, which can threaten our muscle mass and our health in general (Kopple and Swendseid, 1975).
L-histidine is an important element when it comes to the formation of muscle protein (actin and myosin) and consequently, our muscle function (Institute of Medicine, 2005).
L-histidine and other proteins
It is not just a structural component of muscle proteins, but it is also necessary for the formation of:
L-histidine undergoes a chemical change in our bodies (decarboxylation) to produce histamine.
Histamine is an amine with important functions in our body. For example, it is indispensable for the proper digestion of foods, it regulates the immune system, protects the nerves from oxidative damage, heals wounds and protects from allergies (Branco et al., 2018). Without it, our health would be seriously compromised.
L-histidine binds to beta-alanine to form a peptide known as carnosine, which is in charge of buffering the excess of muscle acidity during physical exercise, enhancing the sport performance.
In addition, carnosine is an important antioxidant that protects the proteins from the damage caused by a reaction with glucose (Landa Junior et al., 2015)
L-histidine is an important structural component of proteins that has the ability to bind ions, such as hemoglobin, which is the protein from our red cells and which is in charge of transporting oxygen in the blood.
L-histidine plays an important role in the oxygen transport.
This product provides 500mg of L-histidine. Less is more!
It has been obtained through a vegetable fermentation process, avoiding the use of raw ingredients of natural which results in a product suitable for vegans, while the rest of products available in the market use animal products in order to make their capsules, since they are more affordable.
Make sure you meet the requirements of this amino acid with our product
How to take L-histidine 500mg
A serving is made up of one capsule. Take 2 capsules a day with the meals.
How can we combine L-histidine 500mg?
Get all the Carnosine you need for your workouts!
- Branco, A. C. C. C., Yoshikawa, F. S. Y., Pietrobon, A. J., & Sato, M. N. (2018). Role of Histamine in Modulating the Immune Response and Inflammation. Mediators of Inflammation, 2018, 9524075.
- Institute of Medicine (2005). Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press.
- Jäger, R., Kerksick, C. M., Campbell, B. I., Cribb, P. J., Wells, S. D., Skwiat, T. M., … Antonio, J. (2017). International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: Protein and exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 14(1), 20.
- Kopple, J. D., & Swendseid, M. E. (1975). Evidence that histidine is an essential amino acid in normal and chronically uremic man. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 55(5), 881–891.
- Lancha Junior, A. H., de Salles Painelli, V., Saunders, B., & Artioli, G. G. (2015). Nutritional Strategies to Modulate Intracellular and Extracellular Buffering Capacity During High-Intensity Exercise. Sports Medicine, 45, 71–81.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
Ingredients:L-histidine HCl monohydrate*, vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], anti-caking agents [E470b (magnesium salts of fatty acids)] and E551 (silicon dioxide)]. *Produced through a vegetable fermentation process.
How to take L-HISTIDINE 500mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule twice a day with the meals.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
A basic antioxidant specially if you do a lot of physical exercise. I prefer the capsules since they are less messy than the powder.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
This supplement is quite rare since you do not usually find this amino acid in isolation. The format is great, super comfortable. I mainly use it because it is an excellent antioxidant if you do exercise regularly.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics