- 200mg of 5-HTP per tablet
- Extracted from the Griffonia Simplicifolia plant
- 180 tablets
- Produced in the E.U.
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP by Vitaminalia is a supplement that provides 200mg of 5-Hydroxytryptophan per tablet.
Properties of 5-HTP by Vitaminalia
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is the intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan (LT), in the biosynthesis of serotonin.
The intestinal absorption of 5-HTP does not need a transport molecule and it is not affected by other amino acids. Thus, you can take it with food without compromising its efficacy.
Our body can properly absorb an oral dose of 5-HTP , since a 70% will reach the bloodstream. In fact, it easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and it effectively increases the synthesis of serotonin in the central nervous system (CNS).
The serotonin levels in the CNS are in charge of regulating our sleep, depression, anxiety, aggressiveness, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior and pain.
The therapeutic administration of 5-HTP is effective when it comes to treating a wide range of conditions, including depression, fibromyalgia, binge eating related to obesity, chronic headaches and insomnia. (1)
Features of 5-HTP
- Griffonia simplicifolia 5-HTP extract: has been made with natural 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) obtained from the Griffonia simplicifolia seeds.
- Produced in the European Union: The range of Vitaminalia products has been made in laboratories from the E.U. and they meet all the sanitary regulations and have different quality certifications that ensure the origin and purity of the raw ingredient as well as the absence of contaminants.
- From the manufacturer to your home: The absence of third parties reduces the cost and significantly improves the quality/price rate of the Vitaminalia products.
How to take 5-HTP
It is advisable to take 1 tablet a day. One of the servings should be taken half an hour before bedtime.
How can we combine 5-HTP?
You can combine 5-HTP with many products depending on your individual needs.
It could be interesting to combine it with Valerian extract, Magnesium, L-Theanine, GABA, Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Passionflower, Linden or Lavender, to name a few.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Those who want to add a 5-HTP supplement to complement their diet.
- Useful for people who experience nervousness, stress, mood swings, sleep problems, etc.
1. Birdsall TC. '5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor'. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 180|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Griffonia Simplicifolia (5-HTP) Seeds||3000mg||++|
|from Griffonia Simplicifolia (5-HTP) seed 15:1 extract||200mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients:Tricalcium phosphate, 5-hydroxy-l-tryptophan (5-HTP) (15:1) (from Griffonia Simplicifolia seeds), stabilizers [E463 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) and E412 (guar gum)], anti-caking agents [E468 sodium cross-linked carboxymethylcellulose) and E470b (magnesium stereate)].
How to take 5-HTP 200mg - 180 tabs:Take 1 tablet daily, 30 minutes before bedtime.
Warnings:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
It serves its purpose
When I use it I also drink a lavender infusion, and it helps me to relax after an stressful dayHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
John R., 23/03/2018
It is a nice investment since it lasts for half a year, and the concentration of product per tablet is higher than other brands, which obviously enhances its effectsHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I combine it with Valerian extract and it helps to get a restful sleepHSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics