- Each service: 2 softgels
- Pumpkin seed oil
- With Lycopene
What is Prostate Support?
Prostate Support by Now Foods, is a supplement of plant extracts including Nettle root, Pumpkin seed and Lycopene Lyc-O-Mato®, among others.
Properties of Prostate Support?
The Prostate Support formula contains the following ingredients:
- 160mg of Saw Palmetto extract (Serenoa repens) (Min. 85% fatty acids) per dose. This substance is incorporated from the extract of the fruit of a small palm tree (Serenoa repens). In the following revision, there are a few articles about 'Serenoa repens extract in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia'. 'The articles were analysed with regard to their relevance, scientific value and the size of the evaluated series. Multiple mechanisms of action have been attributed to this extract, including antiandrogenic action, an anti-inflammatory/anti-oedematous effect, prolactin signal modulation, and an antiproliferative effect exerted through the inhibition of growth factors. [...] Most of the published trials regarding Serenoa repens phytotherapy demonstrate a significant improvement of urinary status and a favourable safety profile. Also, some authors have credited it with giving a significant improvement in erectile function and decreasing complications following transurethral resection of the prostate, especially bleeding. The results of phytotherapy with Serenoa repens extracts are very promising.' (1)
- 1g of Pumpkin seed oil, per dose: To obtain the oil, the seeds are cold pressed to preserve their nutritional properties. This study shows: 'the properties of Pumpkin seed oil to inhibit testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate, and therefore, its benefits for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia'. (2)
- 15mg of Zinc, per dose: Zinc is a mineral which has several important functions in the body. Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal levels of testosterone in the blood.
- Lycopene: The following revision, 'examines the current evidence on the use of lycopene as a preventive agent for prostate disease.' (3)
- 300mg of Nettle root extract (Urtica dioica) per dose: The following study determines that 'Urtica dioica have beneficial effects in the treatment of symptomatic BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia'. (4)
Who is this product for?
- Middle-aged and elderly men