MCT OIL (COCONUT) POWDER
- MCT oil powder
- Obtained from coconut oil concentrate
- Micro capsules, without sugar or dairy
- Highly bioavailable energy source
- RAW format, neutral flavor
What is MCT Oil (coconut) Powder?
MCT Oil Powder by HSNraw is a product that has been made with an oil that is rich in medium chain triglycerides (MCT), extracted from coconut and microencapsulated with arabic gum.
Medium chain triglycerides are very interesting lipid structures due to their potential as a source of energy that is immediately available for the organism.
MCT oil is an ideal supplement for people who want to lose weight and athletes that follow low-carb diets.
Why take MCT Oil (coconut) Powder?
Because MCT are a guest with a “VIP ticket” that will skip the queue that the rest of fats have to do, so that they will provide energy more quickly.
MCT are triglycerides that are made up by a glycerol molecule and three fatty acids.
The main source of fat from our diet are triglycerides. Then, what is so special about this product?
Its structure. It is unique because fatty acids have different chain lengths (some are longer and other shorter). The triglycerides that we usually consume in the diet are made up of long chain fatty acids, which are absorbed by the lymphatic system in the organism.
The MCT oil contains triglycerides that are made up of medium chain fatty acids, which are shorter. This means that their absorption do not depend on the lymphatic system, rather, they go straight to the bloodstream, so that they will be immediately available as a source of energy, reducing their accumulation as body fat deposits (Babayan, 1985).
MCT Oil for weight loss
Thanks to the mechanisms that we have previously explained, MCT are superior to long chain triglycerides (LCT) when it comes to weight loss.
Recent reviews of the scientific literature conclude that MCT are more effective than LCT when it comes to losing body weight, the circumference of the waist and hip, as well as the total body fat, including subcutaneous and visceral fat (Mumme and Stonehouse, 2015).
The proposed mechanisms are:
- Increasing the energy expenditure after taking MCT.
- Increasing the fat oxidation after taking MCT when compared to LCT.
- More satiety after taking MCT than LCT.
- Reducing the gene activity that regulates the fat deposits in the organism.
Bueno et al. (2015)
'Replacing the LCT with MCT in the diet could potentially help us reduce our body weight and composition without negatively affecting the lipid profile' (Mumme and Stonehouse, 2015).
MCT oil as source of energy
The absorption pathways of the MCT stimulate their use as energy.
Maki et al, (2009) showed how the concentrations of ketone bodies in the blood increased after taking MCT-rich oils instead of LCT. This comes to show that it increases the use of fat as energy.
A better performance in endurance sports after taking MCT seems to be due to effects of these fatty acids on the genes that regulate the activity of the mitochondria. Consequently, our cells will produce more energy (Wang et al., 2018).
Why the MCT Oil by HSN?
It is not that common to find MCT powder in the market since they are fatty structures, and making them powder requires a complex manufacturing process.
Most of the MCT oils that are sold come from palm, a fruit with MCT but with a high content in palmitic acid too. This ingredient has been associated with metabolic alterations that can increase the risk of suffering a cardiovascular accident.
Our MCT oils comes from coconut, another source of fat rich in these forms of triglycerides which have not been associated to the damage caused by palm oil. Some of its fatty acids are caprilic acid, whose intake is related to cholesterol alterations (Mumme and Stonehouse, 2015).
We have concentrated the medium chain triglycerides that are naturally present in coconut oil to offer you a product that has more than 70% MCT. That's more than any other!
Moreover, the products by the competence that are sold as MCT powder tend to be the result of transforming the oily structure in a micronized product by:
- Using caseinate, which means that the products stops being a fat-free source, apart from including milk allergens.
- Using glucose and fructose syrups, adding sugar to the product, which can break the ketosis of those customers that use MCT as a pre-workout in a ketogenic diet.
We have gone one step further! In fact, we have microencapsulated our coconut oil rich in MCT by using arabic gum, a dietary fiber extracted from the natural resin of the acacia tree.
Our MCT powder does not have sugar from syrups rich in glucose and fructose or allergens from milk.
We want to introduce you to the purest product, with the highest technological development in the market that will complement your diet.
How to take MCT Oil (coconut) Powder?
Mix one scoop in 100-150ml of water and drink it once a day.
You can combine it with your Evolate 2.0 shake, 30 minutes before the workout in order to make the most of the energy from this source.
How can we combine MCT Oil (coconut) Powder?
Or get an energy boost from our natural caffeine powder from the HSNraw line! Apart from sharpening your focus and increasing your energy, it will stimulate the fat transport.
- Babayan, V. K. (1987). Medium chain triglycerides and structured lipids. Lipids, 22(6), 417–420.
- Bueno, N. B., de Melo, I. V., Florêncio, T. T., & Sawaya, A. L. (2015). Dietary Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols versus Long-Chain Triacylglycerols for Body Composition in Adults: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 34(2), 175–183.
- Maki, K. C., Mustad, V., Dicklin, M. R., & Geohas, J. (2009). Postprandial metabolism with 1,3-diacylglycerol oil versus equivalent intakes of long-chain and medium-chain triacylglycerol oils. Nutrition, 25(6), 627–633.
- Wang, Y., Liu, Z., Han, Y., Xu, J., Huang, W., & Li, Z. (2018). Medium Chain Triglycerides enhances exercise endurance through the increased mitochondrial biogenesis and metabolism. PLoS ONE, 13(2), e0191182–e0191182.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (10g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (10g)|
|Servings per container: 15|
|Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) (from coconut oil)||7250mg|
Ingredients de MCT OIL (COCONUT) POWDER 150g:Medium chain triglycerides (from coconut oil), glazing agent [E414 (arabic gum)].
How to take MCT OIL (COCONUT) POWDER 150g:Mix 1 scoop (10g approx.) in 100-150ml of water or any drink of your choice. Drink once a day.
Warnings de MCT OIL (COCONUT) POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Good product overall
Even if it's not one of the most effective products to lose weight, I've taking it for a while now and I can say that I feel more energized and I've actually managed to lose some weight.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics