- Vegetable L-lysine powder suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Essential amino acid
- Necessary for the protein synthesis
- Maximum purity, without additives
What is L-Lysine Powder?
L-Lysine Powder is a product by HSNraw made from the L-lysine amino acid through a natural fermentation process of vegetable sources, resulting in a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
The form of L-lysine present in the product is a L-lysine monohydrochloride salt, a way of improving the properties of the raw product without adding excipients to the formula.
Why take L-Lysine Powder?
Because L-lysine is one of the “indispensable amino acids” for our health.
It is a nutritionally essential component of proteins, as such, we have to consume enough L-lysine on a daily basis in order to avoid metabolic alterations that can affect our health (Canada Institutes of Health Research, Canada Foundation for Innovation and The Metabolomics Innovation Centre, s.f.).
Did you know that…
even though people believed that the daily lysine needs were low at first, the World Health Organization refuted this statement back in 2007?
Currently, the recommended daily dose of lysine are close to 30mg/kg/day (WHO, 2007).
That is why a L-lysine food supplement can be useful for:
- Athletes that do high intensity and/or long physical exercise and who spend a lot of energy.
- People with a low protein intake.
- Heavy athletes, like bodybuilders, powerlifters or strongmen.
L-lysine and muscle growth
Like the rest of essential amino acids, we need to get L-lysine from the diet in order to repair the tissues that are made up by proteins, helping them grow and preserve their normal function (NCIt, 2018).
One of the tissues that requires L-lysine in order to regenerate itself is the skeletal muscle.
The EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) reported that using L-lysine food supplements in diets that lack this amino acid increases the nutritional value of the protein and fixes amino acid deficiencies due to its essential nature. Therefore, it can make an inadequate protein intake into a an adequate intake (2011).
L-lysine, an essential collagen component
Collagen is the protein with the highest density in our body. It is present in the walls of the blood vessels, the heart, joints, the bone matrix, lungs and other organs (Meisenberg and Simmons, 2018).
Yamauchi and Shiiba (2008) showed that L-lysine plays a key role in the collagen formation. Depending on the tissue where the collagen is, it will form one way or the other, resulting in different features depending on the needs of the organ.
L-lysine is essential when it comes to the formation of type 1 collagen bonds, a protein that is necessary for our joints, bones, tendons and other tissues.
Because in HSN, we have already replaced all the animal ingredients that we used for our amino acids with others that are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
We use raw ingredients from vegetable sources which are obtained through a natural bacterial fermentation process.
That way, we will obtain amino acid powder of the highest purity and quality. They are suitable for the food supplementation of athletes and thsoe who want to enrich their diet:
- Without ethical limitations due to the use of ingredients from animals, like hair, nails or feathers.
- 100% vegetable ingredients, perfect for vegans or non-vegans, since it has the best nutritional quality.
HSN makes things easy for you! All you need is now within your reach.
How to take L-Lysine Powder?
Mix 1/3 scoop in 100-150ml of water to make a serving. Drink a serving twice a day, preferably far from the meals.
How can we combine L-Lysine Powder?
You can try out other products by our brand HSNraw with L-Lysine Powder!
Did you know that we have hydrolyzed pure bovine collagen?
It is one of the best products for athletes and it goes extremely well with our L-Lysine Powder.
- Canada Institutes of Health Research, Canada Foundation for Innovation, & The Metabolomics Innovation Centre. (s.f.). Human Metabolome Database: Showing metabocard for L-Lysine (HMDB0000182).
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2011). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to L-lysine and immune defence against herpes virus (ID 453), maintenance of normal blood LDL-cholesterol concentrations (ID 454, 4669), increase in appetite leading to an increase in energy intake (ID 610), contribution to normal protein synthesis (ID 609, 1612), maintenance of normal bone (ID 663, 1915), and increase in calcium absorption leading to an increase in calcium retention (ID 609, 1612) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(4), 2063.
- Meisenberg, G., & Simmons, W. H. (2018). Principios de bioquímica médica (4ª ed.). n.d.: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- National Cancer Institute thesaurus. (2018). L-Lysine (Code C95739).
- World Health Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, & United Nations University. (2007). Protein and Amino Acid Requirements in Human Nutrition. Ciudad de Singapur, Singapur: World Health Organization.
- Yamauchi, M., & Shiiba, M. (2008). Lysine Hydroxylation and Cross-linking of Collagen BT - Post-translational Modifications of Proteins: Tools for Functional Proteomics. Methods in Molecular Biology (Clifton, N.J.), 446, 95–108.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1/3 scoop (750mg)|
|Daily dose: 2/3 scoop (1500mg)|
|Servings per container: 200|
Ingredients de L-LYSINE POWDER 150g:L-lysine HCl (produced through a vegetable fermentation process).
How to take L-LYSINE POWDER 150g:Mix 1/3 scoop (750mg approx.) in water, juice or a drink of your choice, twice a day.
Warnings de L-LYSINE POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
This is a great product to support the immune system, I personally like the powder format because you can measure the dose more accurately and mix it with other products.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics