- Konjac extract
- Bulb 20 times more concentrated
- 95% of its composition is glucomannan
- Useful for weight loss and to lower the cholesterol
- RAW format, unflavored
What is Glucomannan Powder?
Glucomannan Powder by HSNraw is a powdered product made from Amorphophallus konjac bulb extract powder that has been standardized to 95% of glucomannan.
Glucomannan is a type of water soluble fiber, which is why it is an excellent option as a food supplement, made up of D-mannose and D-glucose molecules that cannot be digested in the small bowel.
It will not provide any calories because we cannot digest it! But that does not mean that it does not have any property.
Why take Glucomannan Powder?
Currently, western diets are mostly made up of refined foods, ultra processed products and high doses of fatty acids associated with inflammatory mechanisms. All this results in metabolic alterations that can negatively affect our health, such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and intestinal dysbiosis (Bennet et al., 2015).
There are many diets that have been recommended by the most important global nutrition entities, one of them increases the fiber intake which has positive physiological effects (Dreher et al., 2018).
Glucomannan as source of fiber
There are many sources of fiber, usually when we want to increase its intake we eat wheat bran in general.
However, glucomannan has a series of technological properties, due to its chemical structure, that result in a unique source of fiber:
- High molecular weight: Glucomannan weighs between 200-2000 kilodaltons depending on its degree of polymerization. This allows us to reduce the reactivity of the substance, which becomes more stable and does not cause gastrointestinal problems.
- High viscosity: Glucomannan becomes a gelatinous mass when it absorbs water in the stomach. Consequently, it reduces the gastric emptying, a property that has more advantages than other fibers.
Which ones? Pay attention and do not miss out!
Glucomannan to lower the cholesterol
Using glucomannan is an effective strategy when it comes to lowering the blood cholesterol. Moreover, it is important to take into account that there are no food sources that we normally eat that contain glucomannan, Konjac is actually the only source.
Glucomannan has proven that it can lower the cholesterol in patients with a high cholesterol and those with normal cholesterol concentrations. In fact, it can lower the LDL cholesterol levels (“bad”) up to a 20-22% according to some studies.
Glucomannan helps to regulate the blood cholesterol levels.
Glucomannan to lose weight
Glucomannan, which becomes a gel in the stomach thanks to its viscosity, is a great supplement for weight loss diets since it slows down the digestion of nutrients, producing a feeling of satiety and, consequently, reducing the total calorie intake per day (Keithley and Swanson, 2005).
Glucomannan is a satiating food supplement, which is why it can support the weight loss processes during a hypocaloric diet.
Why Glucomannan by HSN?
In HSN, we have the best supplements available in the market, specially designed, formulated and produced so that you will make the most of all their benefits.
Our glucomannan has been made from the bulb of the Konjac plant and has a product concentration that is 20 times higher than the raw ingredient itself. Moreover, its content has been standardized to a 95% glucomannan.
This guarantees a high quality of the raw ingredient, a higher concentration of its active ingredients as well as its fiber content so that you will benefit from all its properties as much as possible.
Konjac extract powder, the perfect product to control your weight for fat loss diets!
How to take Glucomannan Powder?
Mix half a scoop in water, juice or any other drink of your choice to make a serving.
Drink 3 servings a day, around 20-30 minutes before the main meals.
How can we combine Glucomannan Powder?
Pay attention! This is a product combination that you definitely have to try for yourself:
All the benefits of these supplements in synergy!
- Bennett, B. J., Hall, K. D., Hu, F. B., Mccartney, A. L., & Roberto, C. (2015). Nutrition and the science of disease prevention: A systems approach to support metabolic health. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1352(1), 1–12.
- Dreher, M. L. (2018). Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease. In Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (2009). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to glucomannan and maintenance of normal blood cholesterol concentrations (ID 836, 1560) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 7(10), 1258.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to konjac mannan (glucomannan) and reduction of body weight (ID 854, 1556, 3725), reduction of post-prandial glycaemic responses (ID 1559), maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations (ID 835, 3724), maintenance of normal (fasting) blood concentrations of triglycerides (ID 3217), maintenance of normal blood cholesterol concentrations (ID 3100, 3217), maintenance of normal bowel function (ID 834, 1557, 3901) and decreasing potentially pathogenic gastro-intestinal microorganisms (ID 1558) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 8(10), 1798.
- Keithley, J., & Swanson, B. (2005). Glucomannan and obesity: A critical review. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 11(6), 30–34.
 This can be achieved by taking 4g of glucomannan a day.
 These beneficial effects can be achieved by taking 3g daily distributed in three doses of at least one gram with two glasses of water before the meals.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1/2 scoop (1.5g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop and 1/2 (4,5g)|
|Servings per container: 100|
|from Amorphophallus konjac bulb 20:1 extract||4275mg|
Ingredients de GLUCOMANNAN POWDER 150g:Konjac extract (20:1) (Amorphophallus konjac bulb) (95% glucomannan).
How to take GLUCOMANNAN POWDER 150g:Mix ½ scoop (1.5g approx.) in water, juice or a drink of your choice, 3 times a day, preferably 20-30 minutes before each meal.
Warnings de GLUCOMANNAN POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. It is advisable to drink plenty of water to make sure that the substance reaches the stomach..
Effective weight loss
I think it is worth buying the 500g, it lasts quite a while. I mainly use it for the main meal and you really feel how it makes you feel full after using it.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics