- 100% CLA fatty acids
- RAW format
- High degree of purity
- Completely allergen-free
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
What is CLA powder?
CLA powder by HSNraw is a product made from conjugated linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated long chain fatty acid that has been studied due to its interesting effects on the body, particularly on the muscle mass and weight of athletes.
Why take CLA powder?
Without any doubt, CLA is currently one of the most popular products among athletes in order to complete their nutrition naturally.
However, the problem with many CLA supplements available in the market is their composition. Usually, they contain other ingredients in their formula in order to create a powdered product. Consequently, they stop being supplements suitable for vegans.
BE CAREFUL with the CLAs from the competence, they are not vegan!
We have a surprise for you in HSN... Keep reading to find out!
CLA has started to gain more importance in the last decade from the 20th century after some studies with animal models and in vitro. These concluded that a diet that is rich in natural conjugated linoleic acid had the ability to burn fat and protect the muscle mass.
During these decades, other studies have managed to discern the mechanisms through which CLA produces these effects and if the results can be achieved with humans.
CLA, an anti-lipogenic agent
But CLA has a peculiar action mechanism, since it does not work like the rest of thermogenic supplements, raising the body temperature and energy expenditure.
CLA is capable of inhibiting the growth and differentiation of the adipocytes. In other words, it inhibits the fat cells from the body, blocking two key regulators in this process (PPARγ and C/EBPα) (Kennedy et al., 2010).
CLA is a product that increases the endoplasmic reticulum stress, which destroys the fat cells that have not been differentiated thanks to the inhibition caused by conjugated linoleic acid.
Conjugated linoleic acid can inhibit the adipocyte differentiation in human models, destroying these cells and improving the insulin signaling. This effect also protects us from the accumulation of fatty acids in the cells (Herrmann et al., 2009).
CLA and its use by athletes
CLA has been tested on athletes to see if it can improve the sports performance, but it seems that this is not a significant effect of CLA.
Enriching the diet with conjugated linoleic acid increased the basal metabolic rate of the subjects from the study in almost a 4% (Nazare et al., 2007).
Athletes who used linoleic acid supplements for strength training showed that the group that took CLA:
- Gained 7 times more muscle mass than the group that did not use it.
- Lost 2 times more fat.
In addition, they had lower muscle and bone damage markers, which shows that:
CLA does not only have a positive effect on the physical composition, but it can also prevent the muscle degeneration associated with high performance athletes (Pinkoski et al., 2006).
CLA and its use in non-sporting population
The benefits of CLA are heightened by physical exercise, but they do not depend on it.
Together with a hypocaloric and healthy diet, CLA can help us lose fat. Like we mentioned previously, the group that took CLA supplementation lost two times more body fat than those who did not (0.05 vs 0.09) (Whigham et al., 2007).
And that is not all, CLA has been studied as an element that can not only help us lose more fat, but it also inhibits its gains through the mechanism that we have previously explained:
A study conducted on 40 overweight people showed how CLA was not only effective when it came to reducing the body fat, the ratio of negative emotions reported during the diet was lower and it prevented the yo-yo effect after the study was over (Watras et al., 2007).
In HSN, we work very hard to bring you the best food supplements in the market
This time, we have come up with a highly pure CLA, avoiding any other raw ingredient or animal excipients, which is actually quite uncommon...
CLA supplement powders tend to contain ingredients that make it easier to obtain this format, since it is quite complex to create a dry product due to its fatty acid content.
That is why manufacturers use all kinds of dairy products, either milk powder or caseinate (from sodium or calcium). However, this entails two big problems:
- The product is not suitable for vegans even if the CLA itself is, it immediately loses this property by containing an animal ingredient in its composition.
- Milk is an allergen and milk derivatives limit the use of these supplements to those who are allergic to milk protein or lactose.
In HSN, we are aware that this is a problem for all you who really want to use a supplement but who are unable to do so due to an excipient or filler. But do not worry, we have fixed that since:
Our CLA is 100% suitable for vegans and it is also allergen-free.
And we are the only manufacturers in the market who offer a product with these features! After all, HSN believes that food supplements should be accessible to everyone and that is why we create formulas for this purpose.
The powder has been microencapsulated, improving both its dissolution in water and its flavor, it will blow you away!
How to take CLA powder?
Mix one scoop in water, juice or any other drink of your choice to make one serving. The recommended dose for this supplement is two servings a day.
How can we combine CLA powder?
You can combine this product with other thermogenic supplements that will enhance its effects, such as:
You can make your our combinations with our products designed to help you reach your goals.
- Herrmann, J., Rubin, D., Häsler, R., Helwig, U., Pfeuffer, M., Auinger, A., … Schrezenmeir, J. (2009). Isomer-specific effects of CLA on gene expression in human adipose tissue depending on PPAR2 P12A polymorphism: A double blind, randomized, controlled cross-over study. Lipids in Health and Disease, 8, 35.
- Kennedy, A., Martinez, K., Schmidt, S., Mandrup, S., LaPoint, K., & McIntosh, M. (2010). Antiobesity mechanisms of action of conjugated linoleic acid. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 21(3), 171–179.
- Nazare, J. A., de la Perrière, A. B., Bonnet, F., Desage, M., Peyrat, J., Maitrepierre, C., … Laville, M. (2007). Daily intake of conjugated linoleic acid-enriched yoghurts: Effects on energy metabolism and adipose tissue gene expression in healthy subjects. British Journal of Nutrition, 97(2), 273–280.
- Pinkoski, C., Chilibeck, P. D., Candow, D. G., Esliger, D., Ewaschuk, J. B., Facci, M., … Zello, G. A. (2006). The effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 38(2), 339–348.
- Watras, A. C., Buchholz, A. C., Close, R. N., Zhang, Z., & Schoeller, D. A. (2007). The role of conjugated linoleic acid in reducing body fat and preventing holiday weight gain. International Journal of Obesity, 31(3), 481–487.
- Whigham, L. D., Watras, A. C., & Schoeller, D. A. (2007). Efficacy of conjugated linoleic acid for reducing fat mass: A meta-analysis in humans. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 85(5), 1203–1211.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (3g)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (6g)|
|Servings per container: 50|
|CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)||3600mg|
Ingredients de CLA POWDER 150g:Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), corn syrup, modified starch, antioxidant [E301 (sodium ascorbate)], anti-caking agent [E551 (silicon dioxide)].
How to take CLA POWDER 150g:Mix 1 scoop (3g approx) in water, juice or any drink of your choice. Two servings a day.
Warnings de CLA POWDER 150g:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
So happy to see that your CLA is now suitable for vegans too! I've always wanted to try out this supplement to lose weight, let's see how it goes.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics