CITRULLINE MALATE POWDER
- The purest L-citrulline DL-malate
- It is involved in the nitric oxide metabolism
- Vasodilator and pump effect
- Available in 150g, 500g and 1kg.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Perfect product to create your own homemade pre-workout shake!
What is Citrulline Malate?
Citrulline malate by HSNraw is the purest citrulline malate product, which only contains this substances, without excipients or other additives that may alter the quality of the supplement.
Citrulline malate is created by combining the amino acid L-citrulline with the acid DL-malate.
It is a food supplement that belongs to the moderate effectiveness group according to the International Society of Sports Nutrition (2018). This product is becoming an important ergogenic help the world of sports and physical exercise.
Ideal for CrossFit, cycling, bodybuilding and fitness in general.
Do you want to know what is it used for? Keep reading then!
Why take Citrulline malate?
Citrulline malate is an organic salt that is being studied for being a powerful nitric oxide precursor and for improving the sport performance.
Citrulline is an intermediary in the nitric oxide cycle, which is a precursor of arginine in the blood plasma which, in turn, transforms into nitric oxide. This substance relaxes the cells from the vascular walls, dilating them (Allerton et al., 2018).
More effective than arginine
L-citrulline has proven to be more effective than arginine itself when it comes to increasing the nitric oxide concentrations in the blood (Kerksick et al., 2018). This happens because a big part of the L-arginine we consume breaks down in the bowel and liver, while our body absorbs more L-citrulline.
That is why citrulline malate is used as a precursor of nitric oxide, increasing the blood flow to the muscles in order to achieve that “pump” effect.
Benefits of Citrulline Malate
L-citrulline is effective when it comes to increasing the blood flow to the muscles during the workout (Gonzales et al., 2017).
An effect that can help us improve our intra-workout nutrition, lowering the blood pressure when lifting weight and eliminating waste products that accumulate in the muscle tissue, affecting our performance.
The malate from our product is an intermediary in the tricarboxylic acid cycle, an essential process in order to obtain energy by the aerobic metabolism. Without malate, it is not possible to obtain energy from the nutrient oxidation.
Using citrulline malate can:
- Lower the arterial rigidity (Ochiai et al., 2012).
- Increase the blood arginine, nitric oxide and nitrite concentrations (Kerksick et al., 2018).
- Improve the maximum oxygen consumption and aerobic performance (Kerksick et al., 2018).
- Reduce the perceived exertion during a bench press exercise until muscle failure (Glenn et al., 2015).
- Increase the number of repetitions done in bench press until muscle failure up to a 20% (Glenn et al., 2015).
Citrulline malate is a food supplement that can provide ergogenic properties for athletes who perform intense workouts in disciplines that require repeated efforts.
From HSN, we bring you the most studied form of citrulline malate (L-citrulline DL-malate) in its purest form, so that you will be able to combine it with other ergogenic supplements and make the most of your workouts!
How to take Citrulline malate
To make a serving, mix one scoop in 100-150ml of water. Take two servings a day (preferably one in the morning and another one hour before the workout) in order to take advantage of all its effects.
How can we combine Citrulline malate?
Combine Citrulline malate with L-arginine, since they work in synergy, avoiding their breakdown in the bowel and increasing the blood nitric oxide more efficiently.
Use our Evolytes before the workout. Thanks to its sodium content, it will increase its plasma levels, heightening the pump effect during your workouts.
- Allerton, T. D., Proctor, D. N., Stephens, J. M., Dugas, T. R., Spielmann, G., & Irving, B. A. (2018). L-Citrulline Supplementation: Impact on Cardiometabolic Health. Nutrients, 10(7).
- Glenn, J. M., Gray, M., Wethington, L. N., Stone, M. S., Stewart, R. W. J., & Moyen, N. E. (2017). Acute citrulline malate supplementation improves upper- and lower-body submaximal weightlifting exercise performance in resistance-trained females. European Journal of Nutrition, 56(2), 775–784.
- Gonzales, J. U., Raymond, A., Ashley, J., & Kim, Y. (2017). Does l-citrulline supplementation improve exercise blood flow in older adults? Experimental Physiology, 102(12), 1661–1671.
- Kerksick, C. M., Wilborn, C. D., Roberts, M. D., Smith-Ryan, A., Kleiner, S. M., Jäger, R., … Kreider, R. B. (2018). ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: research & recommendations. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 15(1), 38.
- Ochiai, M., Hayashi, T., Morita, M., Ina, K., Maeda, M., Watanabe, F., & Morishita, K. (2012). Short-term effects of L-citrulline supplementation on arterial stiffness in middle-aged men. International Journal of Cardiology, 155(2), 257–261.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (5g)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (10g)|
|Servings per container: 100|
Ingredients de CITRULLINE MALATE PODWER 500g:L-Citrulline DL-Malate.
How to take CITRULLINE MALATE PODWER 500g:Mix 1 scoop (5g) in 100-150ml of water or juice and drink twice a day. If you want to get the best results, you can take two servings, the first one in the morning and another one between 30-45 minutes before the workout.
Warnings de CITRULLINE MALATE PODWER 500g:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
Videos Related To CITRULLINE MALATE POWDER
I have been able to prolong my workouts and to complete them without feeling excessively tired, great product.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
It really helps with the recovery phase and to delay fatigue during training.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I wanted to add a supplement for my diet and this one really helped specially with the recovery phase.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics