VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU
- 25mcg (1000 IU) of vegan vitamin D3 per serving
- Essential vitamin to protect the bones
- Vegetable capsules
- Cholecalciferol from lichen
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
What is Vegan Vitamin D3 1000IU?
Vegan Vitamin D3 1000 IU by HSNessentials is a product in capsules made from vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) from lichen.
Vitamin D is crucial for our organism, since it performs very important functions that support the calcium metabolism, the functioning of the gastrointestinal system, the immune system, the muscles and other tissues.
We have come up with a vitamin D3 product, cholecalciferol, which has been extracted from lichen and encapsulated with a veggie ingredient. That is why our product does not contain animal ingredients and it is 100% suitable for vegans.
Why take Vegan Vitamin D3 1000IU?
Because vitamin D3 is an indispensable nutrient that we have to include in our diet.
Did you know that…
Even though our body synthesizes vitamin D3 when we sunbathe, some European countries do not get enough sunlight during winter in order to maintain healthy levels?
Around a 40% of the population has a vitamin D deficiency! (Parva et al., 2018)
Vitamin D3 and calcium
One of the most important roles of vitamin D in the organism is regulating the calcium balance.
Having optimal vitamin D concentrations is essential when it comes to keeping the bones strong and a good health.
Those who suffer osteopenia or osteoporosis must take into account vitamin D3 supplementation, specially those months when there is less sunlight.
- Increases the calcium absorption in the bowel, so that we will make the most of its intake through the diet.
- Increases the calcium and phosphorus transport in the organism, stimulating the bone metabolism.
- Increases the calcium re-absorption in the kidneys, so that we will excrete less.
A vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of fractures and bone trauma in athletes and the elderly, who are the main groups exposed to this type of injury.
But it also affects our quality of life, regardless of age, including the health of our teeth.
Vitamin D3 and immune system
Vitamin D plays a fundamental role in balancing the different cells that make up our immune system, which deal with everyday infections.
That latest studies point out that vitamin D is specially connected to the innate immune system, which is our first defense mechanism in the organism.
That is the reason why a vitamin D deficiency is a risk factor for serious infections that can even compromise our life (de Haan et al., 2014).
Vitamin D and muscle
Some studies have pointed out that there is a connection between the vitamin D concentrations and the testosterone synthesis (Tak et al., 2015).
These studies conclude that those who have less vitamin D3 also has less testosterone, a factor that can negatively affect the muscle mass from the organism.
Vitamin D, regardless of the testosterone concentrations, it has also proven to be essential in order to:
- Increase the protein synthesis in the muscle tissue.
- Prevent the onset of fatigue, weakness and chronic pain caused by its deficiency.
Improving both our health and the functional quality of the muscle tissue.
Why purchase Vegan Vitamin D3 1000IU in HSN?
Form with the highest quality
We have formulated our vitamin D with the form cholecalciferol (D3) instead of ergocalciferol (D2). Some studies have proven that the form D3 is more efficient than D2 when it comes to increasing the vitamin D levels in the organism (Tripkovic et al., 2012).
We wanted to offer an alternative to our vitamin D3 4000IU because, even though it is a completely safe dose established by the IoM, some people find it excessive for their actual needs.
This product provides ¼ of the 4000IU standard dose: 25mcg (1000 IU) which is more than enough to meet the vitamin D3 requirements of a normal person without (or with a mild) deficiency.
Our vitamin D3 is also suitable for vegans:
- The vitamin comes from lichen, a non-animal microorganism.
- It comes in a vegetable capsule which has been made without using gelatin or other animal ingredients.
- It does not contain animal excipients.
- It has not been produced in contact with other ingredients from animals.
Our food supplements in capsules are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
How to take Vegan Vitamin D3 1000 IU
You will only need a serving a day, one vegetable capsule once a day.
It is better to take it with a meal, it can be rich in fat since it will improve the absorption of this vitamin.
How can we combine Vegan Vitamin D3 1000IU?
- de Haan, K., Groeneveld, J. B. J., de Geus, H. R. H., Egal, M., & Struijs, A. (2014). Vitamin D deficiency as a risk factor for infection, sepsis and mortality in the critically ill: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Critical Care, 18(1), 660.
- Parva, N. R., Tadepalli, S., Singh, P., Qian, A., Joshi, R., Kandala, H., … Cheriyath, P. (2018). Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency and Associated Risk Factors in the US Population (2011-2012). Cureus, 10(6), e2741.
- Tak, Y. J., Lee, J. G., Kim, Y. J., Park, N. C., Kim, S. S., Lee, S., … Yi, Y. H. (2015). Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and testosterone deficiency in middle-aged Korean men: A cross-sectional study. Asian Journal of Andrology, 17(2), 324–328.
- Tripkovic, L., Lambert, H., Hart, K., Smith, C. P., Bucca, G., Penson, S., … Lanham-New, S. (2012). Comparison of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: A systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 95(6), 1357–1364.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)||25µ||500%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients de VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps:Bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) (from lichen), anti-caking agents [E470b (magnesium salts of fatty acids)] and E551 (silicon dioxide)].
How to take VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule once a day with a meal.
Warnings de VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
Videos Related To VEGAN VITAMIN D3 1000IU
I live in Scotland and here we do not get much sunlight, so this supplement is definitely a must for me. Happy to see there is a vegan version!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics