VEGAN OMEGA-3 ALGAE OIL 1000mg
- Vegetable Omega-3
- Made with pure algae oil
- And with rosemary oil
- With essential fats
- Softgels suitable for vegans
What is Vegan Omega-3 Algae Oil 1000mg?
Vegan Omega-3 Algae Oil 1000mg by HSNessentials is a product in softgels made from algae oil with a high omega-3 fatty acid content standardized to a 40% in DHA.
Now with more quantity! Without animal ingredients.
Did you know that there are options suitable for vegans for those who want to use Omega-3 food supplements? We make it easy for you in HSN!
Why use Vegan Omega-3 Algae Oil 1000mg?
The fatty acids that belong to the omega-3 group have become really important in the last few decades due to the fact we have to get them from the diet (Gil, 2010).
Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids have been related to a better health in people who:
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) supports the proper formation of the brain and eyes of the fetus and infants.
Apart from being related to:
- Less inflammation, insulin resistance and sarcopenia (Buoite et al., 2018).
- Improvements in certain neurological disorders such as bipolar disorder (Sarris et al., 2012).
- Improvements in the lipid profile: reducing the LDL cholesterol ('bad'), increasing the HDL ('good') and reducing the triglycerides, specially DHA (Wei and Jacobson, 2011).
What are the sources of omega-3?
There are many foods with omega-3 available in the supermarket. However, most of them have a low supply and proportion of these fatty acids when compared to other PUFAs or saturated acids.
That is why most omega-3 food supplements contain fish oil, which also raises the following question:
Can vegans consume omega-3 products? Now they can, we have done it in HSN!
It is quite strange to find products in the competence that contain vegan omega-3, not only because they contain fish oil, but also because there is a lack of knowledge regarding the treatment of non-animal glazing agents, since most of the glazing agents of omega-3 softgels are made with gelatin, which usually comes from bovine and pork collagen.
In HSN we can say that our supplements are also suitable for vegans!
We have come up with a vegan Omega-3 product! It does not contain a single ingredient from animals.
Omega-3 fatty acids come from algae oil, a natural source of these lipids that has proven to be as effective as fish oil, even including other advantages:
- Algae oil has more consistency, which helps to prevent the reflux that traditional fish oil causes.
- It is completely and naturally cholesterol-free since it comes from algae.
- It does not contain contaminants or heavy metals since algae do not retain these elements like fish do.
Astiasarán and Ansorena (2009)
And this is one of its biggest advantages:
Fish oil smells, even when it is encapsulated it still has that characteristic smell. Even though is not problematic, it can be quite unpleasant for some users.
On the contrary, algae oil does NOT smell, which is why it is perfect for those who are more sensitive to animal omega-3 due to its technological properties.
In order to make the softgels, we have used a hydroxypropyl starch, an ideal product to esterify the algae oil, discarding gelatin completely:
Even if an omega-3 product is made from vegetable oils, it will not be suitable for vegans if the softgels are made from gelatin. Do not let anyone fool you!
Who said that a product suitable for vegans is only meant for vegans? Anyone can benefit from vegan Omega-3!
With rosemary oil, a plus of quality
The omega-3 are very unstable and delicate molecules, that is why they will break down and lose all their properties if you store them for a long time.
Rosemary produces a protective effect that increases the stability of the fatty acids, so that they keep all their properties for a longer period of time (Taha et al., 2014).
How to take Vegan Omega-3 Algae Oil 1000mg
Take two softgels of our product Omega-3 Vegan once a day, preferably with a meal rich in fat.
How can we combine Vegan Omega-3 Algae Oil 1000mg?
Looking for a superior combination? Pay attention then!
You will definitely get plenty of fatty acids!
- Astiasarán, I., & Ansorena, D. (2009). Algal Oils. In R. A. Moreau & A. B. T.-G. and H.-P. S. O. Kamal-Eldin (Eds.), Gourmet and Health-Promoting Specialty Oils (pp. 491–513).
- Gil, A. (2010). Tratado de Nutrición. Nutrición Humana en el Estado de Salud. (Coord. Martínez, E & Maldonado, J.). Madrid:Editorial Médica Panamericana.
- Sarris, J., Mischoulon, D., & Schweitzer, I. (2012). Omega-3 for bipolar disorder: Meta-analyses of use in mania and bipolar depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(1), 81–86.
- Stella, A. B., Cappellari, G. G., Barazzoni, R., & Zanetti, M. (2018). Update on the impact of omega 3 fatty acids on inflammation, insulin resistance and sarcopenia: A review. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 19(1).
- Taha, E., Abouelhawa, S., El-Geddawy, M., Sorour, M., Aladedunye, F., & Matthäus, B. (2014). Stabilization of refined rapeseed oil during deep-fat frying by selected herbs. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, 116(6), 771–779.
- Wei, M. Y., & Jacobson, T. A. (2011). Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid versus docosahexaenoic acid on serum lipids: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Current Atherosclerosis Reports, 13(6), 474–483.
 Adults can achieve these effects by taking 200mg of DHA together with the recommended daily amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2 softgels|
|Daily dose: 2 softgels|
|Servings per container: 60|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) (omega-3)||800mg|
Ingredients de VEGAN OMEGA-3 ALGAE OIL 1000mg - 120 softgels:Algae oil (40% docosahexaenoic acid), thickener [E1440 (hydroxypropyl starch)], humectant [E422 (glycerine)], water, rosemary oil.
How to take VEGAN OMEGA-3 ALGAE OIL 1000mg - 120 softgels:Take 2 softgels once a day with a meal.
Warnings de VEGAN OMEGA-3 ALGAE OIL 1000mg - 120 softgels:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
I've noticed that you've started to launch more products for vegans and you are also moving away from glazings like gelatin. As a vegan, I had to try out this product and it is excellent, no smell, only two capsules a day... there's nothing bad I can say about this product. The rosemary oil is the cherry on top!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics