- Lutein extracted from the Tagetes erecta plant
- 2 capsules a day with lunch
- Each capsule provides 40mg of Lutein
- Vegetarian formula, vegetable capsules
- 120 capsules per bottle
- In-house production
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Without gluten nor lactose
Table of contents
Lutein by HSNessentials is a food supplement made from lutein in vegetable capsules.
- Lutein by HSNessentials provides 40mg of lutein per serving (2 vegetable capsules) extracted from the Tagetes erecta plant, which is commonly called 'Marigold'.
- Lutein is a fat-soluble pigment. Specifically, it is a dihydroxylated carotenoid that belongs to the xanthophyll class that can be found in many vegetables, algae, bacteria, and plants.
- The sources of lutein that are used to produce supplements are very different. Most of the Lutein supplements that are found in the market are obtained from the petals of the Marigold plant, which is regarded as one of the best sources of this carotenoid.
- Lutein extracted from the Marigold plant: The Mexican Marigold, also known as Aztec marigold or cempasuchil, is an annual plant native to Mexico. Its flower is very aromatic and its tones range from orange to yellow. This plant grows in warm climates with a low humidity. The Mexican marigold flowers (Tagete erecta) are the most important source of lutein, since they can also be found in some varieties of alpha and beta-carotene as well.
- Vegetable capsules: No ingredient of animal origin has been used to produce these lutein capsules, therefore, it is suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Lutein can be combined with a wide range of products. You just have to make sure that the combining product does not provide additional lutein.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Calendula Flowers (Tagetes erecta L.)||10000mg|
|from 25:1 extract of Tagetes erecta L. flowers (10% Lutein) (0.5% Zeaxanthin)||400mg|
LUTEIN 20mg - 120 veg caps ingredients:Bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], marigold extract (25:1) (from Tagetes erecta L. flowers) (10% lutein and 0.5% zeaxanthin), anti-caking agents [E551 (silicon dioxide) and E470b (magnesium stereate)].
How to take LUTEIN 20mg - 120 veg caps:Take 2 vegetable capsules daily, preferably with lunch.
Warnings de LUTEIN 20mg - 120 veg caps:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
Good product for the price
Lutein is a product we, my husband and I, use ordinarily and with very good results. Taking care of our vision is important to us and Lutein gives us the opportunity to keep it in check.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics