5-HTP - 60 caps
- 5-HTP with vitamin B6 and folic acid
- Vegetarian formula
- Manufactured in E.U certified laboratory
- Each capsule provides 50mg of 5-HTP
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP by Gold Nutrition is a food supplement in capsules made from 5-Hydroxytryptophan, folic acid and vitamin B6.
The recommended daily dose is 1 capsule a day.
Properties of 5-HTP
5-HTP or 5-Hydroxytryptophan, which comes from the Griffonia Simplicifolia extract, is the intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan in the biosynthesis of serotonin. This neurotransmitter plays an important role in our neural activities and social behavior.
These are some of the main features and benefits of 5-HTP:
- Taking 5-HTP plays as fundamental role in controlling our appetite. (1)
- 5-HTP is a precursor of serotonin, which is an important neurotransmitter for the nervous system. (2)
This supplement also contains vitamin B6 which supports the functioning of the nervous system, decreases the tiredness and fatigue apart from supporting the synthesis of cysteine.
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- People who want to control their appetite in order to lose fat.
1. Halford JC, Harrold JA, Lawton CL, Blundell JE. Serotonin (5-HT) drugs: effects on appetite expression and use for the treatment of obesity. Curr Drug Targets. 2005 Mar;6(2):201-13.
2. Birdsall TC. '5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor'. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aufg;3(4):271-80.F
3. Huo Y, Qin X, Wang J, Sun N, Zeng Q, Xu X, Liu L, Xu X, Wang X. Efficacy of folic acid supplementation in stroke prevention: new insight from a meta-analysis. Int J Clin Pract. 2012 Jun; 66 (6): 544-51. Doi: 10.1111 / j.1742-1241.2012.02929.x.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 capsule|
|Daily dose: 1 capsule|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|