This product is out of stock,
but other customers ordered
RED YEAST RICE (5% MONACOLIN K) + COENZYME Q10
- Red yeast rice with coenzyme Q10.
- Standardised 5% Monacolin K content.
- Monacolin K contributes to normal cholesterol maintenance.1
- Unique formula.
- Suitable for vegans.
Table of contents
The Red Yeast Rice + Coenzyme Q10 by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from Oryza sativa fermented with Monascus purpureus, standardised to 5% Monacolin K; and Coenzyme Q10 in the form of Ubiquinone.
Rice yeast is a traditional Chinese food preparation that is still used as a dietary source in several Asian countries. Red rice yeast preparations are now available as a food supplement.
Red Yeast Rice (5% Monacolin K) + Coenzyme Q10 by EssentialSeries is 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Red rice yeast is a product obtained naturally from the fermentation of the Oryza sativa plant, from which the rice grains we normally eat are extracted. Rice fermentation produces bioactive compounds, including Monacolin K, also known as lovastatin or mevinolin.
Coenzyme Q10 belongs to the family of compounds known as quinones.
Coenzyme Q10 in the form of ubiquinone, which is found in high concentrations in the mitochondria.
Monacolin K from red yeast rice contributes to the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels.1
We have used red yeast rice standardised to 5% Monacolin K, to ensure that you are consuming enough of the substance you really want to get the effect.
HSN brings you no less than 10 mg of Monacolin K per serving! The dose established as effective by the European Food Safety Authority's expert committee for the established effect on cholesterol.
We have supplemented red yeast rice with 50mg of coenzyme Q10.
Red yeast rice itself is a vaguely defined compound and is not sufficiently characterised in relation to its effects on the maintenance of LDL-cholesterol concentrations.
Monacolin K is a well-defined compound and is solely responsible for the positive effects of red yeast rice. Standardising the concentration of this compound is a sign of high quality of the food supplement and efficiency of the production process.
Our red yeast rice is standardised in Monacolin K at 5% of its composition, to ensure sufficient quantities of the compound.
The capsules used in the production of this product, unlike other options on the market that are made with animal gelatine, have been developed with a biopolymer of a semi-synthetic vegetable nature that makes it possible for the capsules to be used in the production of the product:
Red yeast rice (5% Monacolin K) + Coenzyme Q10 is a product suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
You only need one capsule a day, nothing more. Take with a meal, preferably high in fat to enhance absorption.
Goes great with products like:
- de la Sierra, A., Pintó, X., Guijarro, C., Miranda, J. L., Callejo, D., Cuervo, J., … Rubio, M. (2015). Prevalence, Treatment, and Control of Hypercholesterolemia in High Cardiovascular Risk Patients: Evidences from a Systematic Literature Review in Spain. Advances in Therapy, 32(10), 944–961.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2010). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to coenzyme Q10 pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 8(10), 1793.
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, N. and A. (NDA). (2011). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to monacolin K from red yeast rice pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 9(7), 2304.
- Marcoff, L., & Thompson, P. D. (2007). The Role of Coenzyme Q10 in Statin-Associated Myopathy: A Systematic Review. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 49(23), 2231–2237.
1 The effect is obtained with daily consumption of 10mg Monacolin K from fermented red rice yeast preparations.
|daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Red Yeast Rice|