This product is out of stock,
but other customers ordered
BLACK COHOSH EXTRACT (5:1) 80mg COMPLEX
- Black Cohosh Extract.
- Extraction ratio 5:1.
- 2.5% Triterpenic glycosides.
- With Vitamin D, Magnesium and B vitamins.
- Suitable for vegan diets.
Table of contents
Black Cohosh Extract (5:1) 80mg Complex by EssentialSeries is a dietary supplement in vegetable capsules based on black cohosh root and stem extract with magnesium and vitamins B6, D3 and Biotin.
Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) is a plant indigenous to eastern North America and characterised by the botanical complexity of its root formation, rich in terpenic compounds, important nutrients.
This is a dietary supplement suitable for vegans.
Black cohosh extract is known for the high amount of triterpene glycosides it contains (such as aceteol, actein and cimicifugoside).
HSN's Black Cohosh root and stem extract is standardised to 2.5% triterpene glycosides.
- Helps to maintain a calm and comfortable menopause.
- Magnesium helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B6 helps regulate hormonal activity.
- Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal skin condition.
- Biotin contributes to the maintenance of hair in normal conditions.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of blood calcium levels in normal conditions.
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of bones in normal conditions.
You'll find many black cohosh extracts on the market, but no other like HSN's.
Discover what makes it unique!
The stems and roots are the most recognised parts of the plant, as they have the highest concentration of triterpene glycosides.
The leaves or other above-ground parts of Cimicifuga racemosa are lacking in this nutritional value, are of much less functional interest, and are therefore cheaper.
You'll find many extracts for sale marketed as 'black cohosh extract' but without indicating the parts of the plant used in their manufacture:
This is a reflection of poor product development, either due to lack of knowledge or due to the company's practices, as indicating which part of the plant is used is of particular interest to the consumer.
HSN's black cohosh extract is derived 100% from the roots and stems of Cimicifuga racemosa.
The extraction ratio is a characteristic that differentiates one herbal extract from another.
It lets you know the concentration of the extract, i.e. how many units of native part of the plant one unit of extract equals.
HSN black cohosh extract has a 5:1 extraction ratio, which means the roots and stems of the plant have been concentrated 5 times more than their native state.
Each capsule containing 80mg of cohosh extract is equivalent to 400mg of cohosh root and stem.
Throughout the text we have highlighted its triterpene glycoside content.
Standardising its presence in the extract is essential, as it allows us to find out the percentage of the characteristic chemical constituent of Black Cohosh that it contains.
A daily dose of our extract provides 4mg of triterpene glycosides from Cimicifuga racemosa.
Black cohosh extract is a dietary supplement suitable for vegan diets.
All its ingredients, including its coating agent, are of plant origin, meaning the product can be used by anyone who wishes to do so. There are no food restrictions.
The capsules, unlike most other options on the market, are not made from gelatine (of animal origin), but from hypromellose, a polymer derived from 100% vegan plant cellulose.
Use one vegetable capsule, twice a day, with meals.
Want to learn more about this extract?
- World Health Organization. WHO Consultation on Selected Medicinal Plants (2nd : 1999 : Ravello-Salerno, I.).
- Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi, S., Shahnazi, M., Nahaee, J., & Bayatipayan, S. (2013). Efficacy of black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa L.) in treating early symptoms of menopause: A randomized clinical trial. Chinese Medicine (United Kingdom), 8(1), 20
- Ruhlen, R. L., Sun, G. Y., & Sauter, E. R. (2008). Black cohosh: Insights into its mechanism(s) of action. Integrative Medicine Insights, 2008(3), 21–32.
- Mehrpooya, M., Rabiee, S., Larki-Harchegani, A., Fallahian, A.-M., Moradi, A., Ataei, S., & Javad, M. T. (2018). A comparative study on the effect of “black cohosh” and “evening primrose oil” on menopausal hot flashes. Journal of Education and Health Promotion, 7(1), 36–36.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 2 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Black cohosh root and stem extract (5:1) (Cimicifuga racemosa) (2.5% triperpenic glycosides)||80mg||++|
|of magnesium citrate||362.9mg||++|
|of pyridoxine hydrochloride||1.65mg||++|
|Biotin (as D-biotin)||15µg||30%|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||1.5µg||30%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
BLACK COHOSH EXTRACT (5:1) 80mg COMPLEX - 120 veg caps ingredients:Magnesium citrate, black cohosh extract (5:1, from root and stem of Cimicifuga racemosa, 2,5% triterpene glycosides), vegetable capsule [glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose)], maize starch, anti-caking agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), maltodextrin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3, from lichen), D-biotin (biotin).
Warnings de BLACK COHOSH EXTRACT (5:1) 80mg COMPLEX - 120 veg caps:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. This product may have a natural colour variation.
How to take
Take 1 vegetable capsule, 2 times a day with meals.
No reviews found with filters applied.