- 500mg Berberine hydrochloride per capsule.
- From natural Berberis aristata.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- High dose in convenient capsules.
Table of contents
Berberina 500mg by EssentialSeries is a food supplement in vegan capsules made solely from pure Berberine HCl from the extract of the Berberis aristata plant.
Berberine is an alkaloid found in several species of plants of the genus Berberis. In ancient times it was widely used in traditional medicine, and its use has spread to the present day, with many people using it for a variety of purposes.
This product has been manufactured without the use of ingredients of animal origin, therefore:
Berberine 500mg is 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Berberine is the main chemical compound that characterises plants of the genus Berberis, especially Chitra, the common name of the plant Berberis aristata.
The use of the plant has been associated with a number of effects that are highly sought after by consumers.
La Berberis aristata:
- Helps improve glucose control.
- Helps reduce triglyceride levels in the blood.
At HSN we take this very seriously and that is why we manufacture our products to the highest quality standards on the market.
Berberine 500mg is made from the purest raw material obtained from a natural plant source, the Berberis aristata plant.
And treated, processed, encapsulated and packaged in our factory, where we work according to the guidelines and quality standards established by the major international accreditation organisations, guaranteeing the content, the traceability of our products, and their perfect condition when you receive them at home.
Did you know that...
Are the capsules of most competing food supplement companies not vegan?
No, they are not! Because one of the most common ingredients used to make the capsules is gelatine as a glazing agent. Gelatine is obtained from the industrial processing of the connective tissues of livestock (such as hides, cartilage and tendons), making their capsule products unsuitable for vegetarians.
At HSN we have taken a step forward, pioneering a movement where we completely remove animal ingredients from our encapsulations, to enable the products you buy from our brand to be free of animal traces.
Berberine 500mg is a vegan product, completely suitable for use in vegetarian and vegan diets.
One capsule equals one serving and should be taken with a meal to improve gastrointestinal tolerance, consume three servings per day.
It is preferable to spread the dose evenly throughout the day, for example by taking one capsule at breakfast, one at lunch and one at dinner.
This product goes great with other products like:
- Red yeast rice (5% Monacolin K) + Coenzyme Q10.
- Spirulina 1000mg.
- Odourless garlic oil extract (100:1) 10mg.
- Green coffe (20:1) extract 500mg.
- Chromium picolinate 200mcg.
Do you want to know more about Berberine?
- Beba, M., Djafarian, K., & Shab-Bidar, S. (2019). Effect of Berberine on C-reactive protein: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 46, 81–86.
- Chen, C., Tao, C., Liu, Z., Lu, M., Pan, Q., Zheng, L., … Fichna, J. (2015). A Randomized Clinical Trial of Berberine Hydrochloride in Patients with Diarrhea-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Phytotherapy Research, 29(11), 1822–1827.
- Cicero, A. F. G., & Baggioni, A. (2016). Berberine and its role in chronic disease. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 928, 27–45.
- Grundy, S. M., Pasternak, R., Greenland, P., Smith, S., & Fuster, V. (1999). Assessment of cardiovascular risk by use of multiple-risk-factor assessment equations: A statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 34(4), 1348–1359.
- Li, Y., Ma, H., Zhang, Y., Kuang, H., Ng, E. H. Y., Hou, L., & Wu, X. (2013). Effect of berberine on insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Study protocol for a randomized multicenter controlled trial. Trials, 14(1), 226.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Berberis aristata root extract (100:1) (100% Berberine HCl)||552.67mg||++|
|of magnesium citrate||121mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|