BIO SPIRULINA ALGA SUPER FOODS - 150g
- Gluten-free product
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- From ecological agriculture
What is Bio Spirulina Algae Super Foods?
Bio Alga Spirulina Super Foods by Drasanvi is a food supplement powder made from unsweetened Spirulina from ecological agriculture.
Bio Alga Spirulina Super Food has a Bio certificate which guarantees that its harvest and processing have been done according to the quality standards.
Main features of Bio Alga Spirulina Super Foods
Spirulina is a type of microalga with a series of interesting properties. Some studies have proven the following ones: (1)
These properties activate the cell antioxidant enzymes, inhibit the lipid peroxidation, eliminate the free radicals and stimulate the superoxide dismutase and catalase. (1)
Spirulina could be seen as an unconventional source of protein due to its high protein content, which is quite similar to meat or soy. Although this one is completely suitable for vegan diets. (2)
The Spirulina Alga Super Foods is also rich in iron, an essential element for the formation of red blood cells in the body, which are in charge of transporting oxygen to all cells in our body. (3)
Who can benefit from Bio Spirulina Alga Super Foods?
- Vegans and vegetarians
- People who want to follow a balanced diet
- Athletes and active people
- The elderly
1. Wu Q, Liu L, Miron A, Klímová B, Wan D ,Kuca K: “The antioxidant, immunomodulatory, and anti-inflammatory activities of Spirulina: an overview.”. Arch Toxicol. 2016 Aug;90(8):1817-40. doi: 10.1007/s00204-016-1744-5. Epub 2016 Jun 3.
2. Lupatini AL, Colla LM, Canan C, Colla E. “Potential application of microalga Spirulina platensis as a protein source.” J Sci Food Agric. 2017 Feb;97(3):724-732. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.7987. Epub 2016 Sep 12.
3. Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenium, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Zinc. Washington, DC; National Academies Press; 2001. PMID: 25057538.
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||3.42g|
|of which sugars||0.53g|