We are back with the 3rd Week of the Workout during Quarantine. You will not need any kind of gym material.
My whole body hurts after the burpees challenge… Now that is what I call a good workout!
But why stop…
We are still quarantined and we have to keep working out to avoid losing muscle mass. Otherwise, we will not be able to even lift a bar at the gym once we are back…
We have completed the second week of the #HSNchallenge.
It does not matter if:
- You started to do exercise to kill time during the quarantine.
- You already did exercise at the gym regularly.
- Or if you follow the BPT routine but you did not have the necessary materials at home…
Regardless of your situation, the HSNchallenge was made for you!
You are the one that has to adapt the intensity of the workouts to your cardiorespiratory/neuromuscular capacity. Therefore, it can be done both by those who just started to do exercise and those who are more experienced in weightlifting.
A new supplement
Last week, I recommended taking beta-alanine due to its effects as a carnosine precursor. This dipeptide also worked as an intramuscular buffer that helped to face the pH drops caused by the extramitochondrial glycolysis.
Also, I assumed that all of you take enough protein. However, after a receiving a series of messages, I suggest reviewing your protein intake.
Currently, the average intake of an active person is around 1.6g/kg/day. Although there are higher doses that are regarded as safe, but it is not completely clear if higher doses could be beneficial.
Studies like the one by Longland et al. (2016) tell us something we already knew: taking 2.4g/kg/day of protein is better than taking 1.2g/kg/day when it comes to protecting the muscle mass and losing fat.
Even if we still do not exactly know how much protein do we need, there is a clear connection between protein, muscle growth and sport performance.
Taking protein is, together with weightlifting, the strategy that will produce more positive changes in our body composition.
Is it interesting to take protein powder?
Yes, it is. In fact, I always recommend this to all the athletes I have worked with. However, this is not magical but functional, you will not automatically have the arms of Popeye after taking the first servings.
What I mean is:
- A source of concentrated proteins
- With a high nutritional quality
- A good digestibility
- Available in several flavors
- With all the benefits from this nutrient for the physical composition
Native Whey Protein
Not so long ago, we launched a new whey protein, Evonative, made with raw FrieslandCampina whey.
It has been cold-processed, which preserves a higher percentage of active ingredients present in whey during the manufacturing process.
In the case of vegans, I would go for soy protein. Even though its DIAAS is lower than other animal proteins, it is superior to any other source of plant-based protein.
Structure of 3rd Week Workout during Quarantine
This week is made up of 5 workout days and one of them will be a recovery session.
|Session||Type of session|
|1st Day||Complete workout|
|2nd Day||Metabolic training|
|3rd Day||Passive rest|
|4th Day||Metabolic workout|
|5th Day||Recovery session|
|6th Day||Complete workout|
|7th Day||Passive rest|
1st DAY – COMPLETE WORKOUT A) MOBILITY EXERCISES – FREE FLOW
- You have to self-regulate the exercises from this block, like the recovery session for last week.
- Personally, I suggest doing as man repetitions of each exercise as you need, and do two rounds.
- It will take you 12-15 minutes approximately.
B) LUMBOPELVIC STABILIZATION EXERCISES – 2 rounds [45” Rest] C) Complex 1 – 3×8 repetitions [75” Rest] D) Pistol squat from a chair – 3×10 [60” Rest] E) Unilateral glute bridge – 4×15 2” hold [30” Rest] F) AMRAP 8’ 2nd DAY – METABOLIC TRAINING A) CORE TABATA I B) TABATA II C) EMOM 10min
- 10x Touchdown Squats
- Until minute 3 -> +10x repetitions/minute
- From minute 3 to minute 10 -> +5x repetitions/minute
- From minute 10 until the end -> +3x repetitions/minute.
3rd DAY – PASSIVE REST
4th DAY – METABOLIC TRAINING A) Mobility complex – 3 rounds B) “Jason” MOD – RFT 5th DAY – RECOVERY SESSION A) TRABAJO COMPLETO DE MOVILIDAD GENERAL
- Spiderman Lunge Stretch – 3 sets, free reps [30-60” Rest]
- Hip pull + round the world and lateral lunge –2 sets, free repetitions [30-60” Rest]
- Split stance T-spine rotation. 4 sets, free repetitions [30-60” Rest]
- Bear to yoga spine roll 3 sets, free repetitions [30-60” Rest]
- Shin box to crab reach 2 sets, free repetitions [30-60” Rest]
- Thoracic bow – 2 sets, free repetitions [30-60” Rest]
- Duck Walk – 3 sets, 2x 10 meters forward + 10 meters backwards [45” Rest]
B) 2x TABATA [20” Rest between rounds]
- Even rounds – Right side plank
- Odd rounds – Left side plank
6th DAY – COMPLETE WORKOUT A) BASIC MOBILITY EXERCISES B) STRENGTH EXERCISES
- Road to max. [15” Rest] 4x push ups, add +3x push ups each round
- Max push ups – 3 sets [90” Rest]
C) Sissy Squat – 4 sets of 12x [45” Rest] D) Curl slider – 3 sets of 10x [60” Rest] E) TABATA CORE Russian Twists F) EMOM 12’
7th DAY – PASSIVE REST