Wheatgrass is regarded as a superfood due to its properties
We tell you everything you need to know as well as how to cultivate your own plant…
Currently, one of our biggest challenges is to have a good quality of life. That is why we are always looking for things that will help us improve our physical and mental condition. Therefore, today we are going to talk about a very interesting topic. Particularly about a superfood that is a natural remedy known as wheatgrass.
The acidification of our body is one of the most important factors when it comes to the onset of diseases like cancer.
This phenomenon happens due to several factors, such as a bad diet. That is why we want to talk about wheatgrass. This natural product help to alkalize the blood, improving our health and enhancing your vitality.
General Properties about Wheatgrass
Its use is ancient, since it comes from the legendary Mesopotamia (Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Palestine, Iraq)
Approximately eight thousand years ago, there was an important mutation in wild herbs, whose seeds became heavier so that the wind would not blow them away.
The seed was taken to Egypt, where it was cultivated in the shore of the river Nile and from there it arrived to Greece and Rome. Later on, wheat would arrive to America in the ships of the colonizers.
The result is that wheatgrass is known and used in the whole world
What is Wheatgrass?
Let’s begin, wheatgrass is green and soft after ten or fifteen days of germinating, when it starts to grow.
Above all, it grows in enclosed spaces with a controlled temperature. Usually, farmers use organic dirt and humus as soil and they protect them against the climate and plagues. In addition, it has to be watered with drinkable water.
Cultivate your own Wheatgrass
- Buy organic dirt, distribute it in layers of three trays. Make sure to make a few holes on them to filter the drinkable water
- Buy 30 grams of triticum aestivum ecological seeds (wheat)
- Glass recipients and zip bags
- Soak the seeds the whole the night. On the next day, wash them and put them on glass recipients so that they will germinate.
- Put the glass recipients away from direct sunlight.
- On the third day, take the trays and cover them with two centimeters or organic dirt. Then, put the pre-germinated seeds and water them.
- Once you have done that, put a tray on top of the other and the other on top. Then cover them with a kitchen cloth.
- Place them in a dark place, away from heat and sunlight.
Leave them like that for three days, making sure that the dirt is wet. To do so, pick a knife and introduce it in the dirt. If it sticks to the knife, then it is wet, which means you will not have to water it again. In fact, this is actually similar to the technique we use to check if a sponge cake is completely cooked.
On the tenth day, the herb will be around 5 or 10 centimeters high. Then, you will have to cut it, otherwise it will lose all its properties if it grows more.
Once cut, store them in zip bags to avoid contaminating them. You can refrigerate them.
Benefits of Wheatgrass
Do you feel tired? Do you want to improve your blood pressure? Are you feeling tired and without energy? Are you having sleep problems lately? Have you been diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome?
Then, you can benefit from taking wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass alkalizes the blood which is why it can deal with malign cells. Therefore, it supports the immune system, whose deterioration can cause lupus, multiple sclerosis, lateral sclerosis, as well as a series of degenerative diseases.
Moreover, it helps to deal with liver diseases such as cirrhosis and fatty liver, apart from improving the peripheral blood flow. In addition, it also supports the weight loss processes, keeps your skin hydrated and produces a remarkable anti-aging effect. It also oxygenates the organism, cleanses the kidneys and protects us against the free radicals, among many other benefits.
What are the Properties of Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass has several properties such as:
- Vitamins B, C, A and E
- Essential enzymes (protease, cytochrome oxidase, amylase, lipase)
- Minerals: potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium
- Essential amino acids
How to take Wheatgrass?
Mix 4 grams in 100ml of liquid, shake, juice or water
Its neutral flavor combines with everything. Some people even prefer to take it on an empty stomach.
- Wheat Grass, Un superalimento que contiene todas las vitaminas y la mayoría de los minerales necesarios para el mantenimiento y el bienestar humano. Neil Stevens
- Lácteos y trigo. Sociedad ensuciante y enfermante, problemas individuales y comunes. Néstor Palmetti.
- Alimentación alcalina. La importancia del equilibrio ácido-básico para la salud. Christopher Vasey.
- Como curan los alimentos, prevenir y resolver molestias y enfermedades de manera natural. Miguel Ángel Almodóvar.
- La dieta para el dolor. Laura Isabel Arranz
- Alimentación natural y salud, todo lo que la ciencia ha demostrado sobre los alimentos naturales y ecológicos. Mariano Bueno.
- Spirulina – Natural Remedy against Cholesterol
- 10 Properties of Acerola