Here you have a recipe to make a vegan protein yogurt at home.
Vegan Protein Yogurt Recipe
Recipe Tips: Vegan Protein Yogurt
- Preparation time: 10 hours 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Glass
- Number of servings: 1
- Cooking style: European
- 1 liter of sugar free soy drink, you can use other vegetable drink if you want
- 1 sugar free soy yogurt from the brand Salvia natural (you can use other vegetable yogurt, but they are very hard to find).
- 6-12gr of Xanthan Gum Powder by HSNfoods depending on the texture that you like, you can also use agar agar (or simply avoid this step if you do not want a thick texture, it would be more liquid or similar to a normal yogurt).
- 60-80gr of Vegetable Protein (I have used unflavored Soy Protein 2.0 by HSNessentials).
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||<1g|
|of which sugars:||0.75g|
How to make: Vegan Protein Yogurt
- Put the soy drink in a pot until it boils, then turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk it properly until there are no lumps left. Use a strain if necessary.
- Preheat the oven at 100ºC. Pour the content in glass recipients and put them in the oven after turning it off, close it and let it cook with the remaining heat for at least 8h.
- After this time, we can add the topping and put them in the fridge in less than 2h.
- Our vegan protein yogurts are ready! They will last for a week or so if they are stored in the fridge.
Options to add a touch of flavor:
- Sugar free natural flavorings. I have use the vanilla flavoring by the brand Dr.Oetker.
- Cocoa or carob if you like chocolate flavor.
I used Sucralose by HSN as sweetener. But you can use any sweetener of your choice.
- HSN Sauces
- Sugar free jam or natural fruit.
- Muesli or cereals to taste.
- Nuts or butters such as Peanut Butter