Protein and amino acids are anabolic substances since they are the main resource to develop muscle tissues. Therefore, their intake results in a positive nitrogen balance, an essential factor to form structures also known as anabolism.
- 1. What is Tribulus Terrestris?
- 2. Properties of Tribulus Terrestris
- 3. Benefits Tribulus Terrestris
- 4. Tribulus Terrestris and testosterone
- 5. Tribulus Terrestris and urinary tract health
- 6. Tribulus Terrestris Supplement
- 7. Tribulus Terrestris Intake
- 8. Combine Tribulus Terrestris with…
- 9. Tribulus Terrestris can increase the libido
- 10. Related Entries:
What is Tribulus Terrestris?
It is a herb that has been traditionally used in China and India due to its important properties for our health. In fact, it has been also used to treat several diseases, such as renal, urinary or prostate problems, to name a few.
At a biochemical level, its healing properties come from its active principles. For instance, it contains steroidal saponins, such as dioscin, diosgenin or protodioscin. Said substances are compounds present in plants, which has a similar molecular structure to the hormones present in the human body, like testosterone. In fact, tribulus terrestris has a high concentration of them.
That is why tribulus terrestris is known as a natural anabolic
Tribulus terrestris has the following properties:
- Regulating and balancing the hormone levels
Properties of Tribulus Terrestris
Above all, it has the ability to stimulate the metabolism and the endocrine system. Consequently, it increases and speeds up the synthesis of new protein and, in turn, the formation of new tissues. In other words, it stimulates the anabolism.
Each workout session triggers a series of chain reactions inside our body. Both at a physiological level with a release of hormones, as well as a physical level when the muscle mass breaks down. In these circumstances, a good nutrition will be key to provide the necessary nutrients to perform the regeneration, recovery and growth of the muscle.
Actually, tribulus terrestris can interfere in the release of anabolic hormones, such as testosterone. Therefore, it will increase the natural production, providing satisfactory results.
On the other hand, tribulus terrestris is an adaptogen. In other words, it help us cope with daily stress. Therefore, it relieves its symptoms, such as anxiety, irritation or a bad mood.
Benefits Tribulus Terrestris
It has a series of benefits and medicinal properties that we can use to improve our health in different aspects:
- Improving the testosterone levels.
- Stimulating the libido both in men and women due to its aphrodisiac properties.
- Supporting the muscle growth processes.
- Helping to deal with erectile dysfunction.
- Increasing the fertility, which consequently improves the production of spermatozoa
- Increasing the concentration of female hormones related to the ovulation.
- Relieving problems related to the menopause.
- Regulating the nervous system.
- Improving the night rest, which consequently relieves the insomnia.
- Calming the anxiety, irritability or nervousness.
- Improving the mood.
- Relieving mild depressive symptoms.
- Supporting the functioning of the heart.
- Lowering the blood pressure, which consequently reduces the onset of possible heart problems.
- Lowering the LDL cholesterol.
- Improving the blood flow.
- Stimulating and strengthening the immune system.
- Dealing with chronic fatigue.
- General toner.
- Support for cases of lack of energy.
- Preventing issues that can trigger a risk on heart failure.
- Protecting the liver and kidneys.
- Protecting the prostate and urinary system.
Tribulus Terrestris and testosterone
It is a very popular plant among strength athletes, bodybuilders and weightlifters, who use it as a food supplement. In fact, tribulus terrestris has the ability to increase the endogenous release of testosterone.
Above all, this effect is due to its saponin content. These substances can stimulate the production of the luteinizing hormone, which is in charge of signalling the production of testosterone in the testicles. Testosterone has very important androgen and anabolic properties, the latter are in charge of increasing the strength and muscle growth.
In addition, testosterone regulates the sexual behavior of men and supports the production of sperm.
Therefore, having low testosterone levels will negatively affect the sexual function. Moreover, it can cause an excessive accumulation of body fat, loss of lean muscle mass and mood swings. All this can result in a low self-esteem, a lack of concentration and depression.
The physical and emotional changes can alter your sleep patterns as well.
Tribulus Terrestris and urinary tract health
The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of tribulus terrestris inhibit the growth of fungi or bacteria in the urinary tract. Moreover, its diuretic effect eliminates the microbes and toxins from the urinary tract as well.
Tribulus Terrestris Supplement
Tribulus terrestris is available on isolated supplements or combined with other ingredients that work in synergy.
Tribulus Terrestris Intake
The average recommended dose is from 2 to 3g a day. However, we have to mainly check the saponin percentage and pick those products that have between an 80-90%.
Combine Tribulus Terrestris with…
You can combine tribulus terrestris with other natural plant extracts in order to produce a synergy:
- Increase the libido, strength, resistance…
- Regulate the nervous system, dealing with stress, improve the sleep patterns…
- Cope with stress, support a restful sleep, increase the libido…
- Increase the resistance against fatigue, stress, anxiety…
- Stimulate the nervous system, increase the mental energy…
- Improve the physical resistance and recovery…
Tribulus Terrestris can increase the libido
- Tribulus Terrestris
- Top supplements against erectile dysfunction