If the gym is your natural habitat, then creatine must be your supplement. It improves the athletic performance while improving the muscle gains and physical recovery. It is no surprise that this properties have taken it to the top of sports supplementation. There are several types of creatine (find out more) but today we are going to focus on Kre-Alkalyn, the variety everyone is talking about.
- 1. What is Kre-Alkalyn Creatine?
- 2. Why this type of creatine and not another one?
- 3. What is “buffered” creatine used for?
- 4. Find out its properties and show off your new physique!
- 5. Differences between Creatine Monohydrate and Kre-Alkalyn
- 6. Indispensable benefits for sport and health
- 7. Frequently Asked Questions about Kre-Alkalyn
What is Kre-Alkalyn Creatine?
Kre-Alkalyn is a patented formula, also known as “buffered creatine” and it is an improved version of creatine monohydrate. How is it obtained? Well, very easily: adding an alkaline substance to increase the pH.
The pH increase results in a less acid substance that can prevent the conversion of creatine into creatinine when we mix it in water. Moreover, it also helps to prevent the breakdown of tripeptides (arginine, glycine and methionine) in the stomach, so that they will be available for the muscles.
Then, what is the objective of Kre-Alkalyn? Above all, it will prevent the breakdown of creatine into creatinine before it reaches the muscle tissue.
Why this type of creatine and not another one?
What is “buffered” creatine used for?
Alkaline creatine is a supplement that will:
- Improve the athletic performance
- Help us gain muscle mass
- Increase the maximum strength
- Increase the muscle resistance
- Shorten the physical recovery
Do you want to improve your sport performance or increase your muscle mass? Then, creatine products should be your first choice!
Not in vain, within the wide range of sport supplements, this is the one that has more evidence regarding its efficacy and proven positive effects.
Specially useful for sports that demand explosiveness, potency and strength, creatine is a must have if you do CrossFit, Athletics, Weightlifting or Martial Arts.
Find out its properties and show off your new physique!
Kre-Alkalyn has many properties but we would like to focus on two:
- Less is more
Alkaline is processed at a higher level than the conventional creatine monohydrate. The reason why this happen is that the conversion of creatine into creatinine is related to the pH. Therefore, manipulating the pH during the manufacturing process will inhibit said breakdown.
Buffering or inhibiting the conversion of creatine into creatinine helps us absorb more creatine. Thus, the dose that we will need to obtain beneficial results will be lower. Consequently, you will be able to save some money since you will need lower doses to enjoy the same benefits.
- Creatinine: the waste product
Kre-Alkalyn is obtained by combining creatine monohydrate with sodium. Therefore, the active ingredient is exactly the same. However, creatine monohydrate breaks down into creatinine in acid environments with a 1-4 pH, such as the stomach.
Nevertheless, the added sodium has a stabilizing effect and it does not break down into creatinine in the stomach.
Differences between Creatine Monohydrate and Kre-Alkalyn
We can confirm that “buffered” creatine is up to 10 times more powerful than the standard monohydrate, since it provides the following benefits:
- It does not produce swelling nor cramps
- No need for loading phase
- You will experience a better absorption of creatine in the muscle cells
Thanks to the fact that the formula will not become creatinine, you will not need to saturate the body with high doses (20-25g or in capsules). In addition, you will not have to cycle it either in order to obtain its benefits for the resistance, strength and/or muscle gains.
Indispensable benefits for sport and health
Alkaline creatine provides the same ergogenic benefits as conventional creatine (read more), but not the side effects of the monohydrate. That is why it is processed at a higher level than standard creatine monohydrate.
Benefits for sports
- Helping the muscle cells to produce more energy. In turn, it increases the availability of the phosphocreatine reserves so that the body will produce more energy.
- Improving the performance during high intensity exercise. Since we have more ATP and energy, the muscle tissue is able to perform the exercise successfully.
- Supporting the muscle growth. This is due to the fact that it is the most effective supplement to gain muscle mass or muscle weight.
- Supporting the physiological functions. It is a key element in certain processes that increase the size and volume of muscle cells.
Benefits for our health
- Prevents neurodegenerative diseases. Even though we still need more studies, the ones we currently have are more than promising. In fact, they have concluded that this supplement could be used to treat behavior and mood disorders.
- Anti-diabetic properties? It regulates the blood glucose levels and controls the postpandrial glucose.
- Nootropic effect that supports the cognition. This means that it enhances our cognitive capacities so that we will feel more energized, improving our memory or reasoning capacity and even improving the brain oxygenation. Moreover, it can decrease the symptoms of tiredness and fatigue.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kre-Alkalyn
To finish off, we are going to answer a serious of frequently asked questions about this type of supplement:
What is the recommended dose?
When it comes to taking Kre-Alkalyn (keep reading), you should take into account that the recommended dose is lower than that of the monohydrate. Therefore, it should be enough to take 1.5g of alkaline creatine a day (capsules or powder).
Is it safe?
It is, in fact, it provides the benefits of traditional creatine, but lacking the side effects (check this post) associated with the use of the monohydrate.
Although the efficacy and safety of the monohydrate (here) are perfectly clear in the scientific literature, alkaline creatine has the same ergogenic qualities as well as the safety.
Who can benefit from this product?
Practically anyone, from amateur athletes to professionals, as well as those who do not do physical exercise and even the elderly.
Why’s that? This variety allows us to experience all the benefits that we previously mentioned.
How can we combine Alkaline Creatine?
Where can we buy Kre-Alkalyn?
After reviewing the features of alkaline creatine, it seems clear that we are witnessing the next level of creatine supplementation. Take advantage of its properties and experience the latest product for the physical recovery!
More info about creatine and its different types:
- Discover Creatine and all its benefits
- What are the benefits of Creapure Creatine? Find out more
- Did you know that creatine lowers the myostatin levels?
- Liquid creatine, same benefits as the powder or capsules? Click here
- You are probably interested in this one – Myths about Creatine
- Another article about the natural sources of creatine
- Ethyl-Ester, a different type of creatine, all the info here
- Read more about creatine and its properties