Do you want the best recover after your daily workouts? You do not know what you should use to recharge the necessary nutrients? Here you have some ideas to make Post-Workout Recovery Shakes.
What do you need after a workout?
After a workout session, regardless of the sport, your body will always need to compensate the loss of macronutrients. For example, we are talking about carbohydrates, protein, minerals, vitamins, etc.
What are the effects of each nutrient?
- Carbohydrates: necessary to recharge glycogen, which is the main source of energy for physical exercise.
- Protein: necessary nutrient to regenerate the damaged muscle fibers during the workout (which happens in all sports). Moreover, it also helps to protect and gain muscle mass.
- Vitamins and Minerals: we always lose part of them during the workout, which is why we have to supply them and they will also support the recovery.
The following proposals will adapt to different ideas and times of the day. Grab some pen and paper and try making them at home!
Post-Workout Recovery Shake
If you need some nutrients after a hard workout and you want to ensure an optimal recovery, this shake is definitely for you. It is a blend of carbohydrates from a product that provides 3 different types (maltodextrin, dextrose, fructose). They are released at different rates and through different absorption pathways in order to recharge glycogen efficiently. In addition, it also contains a hydrolyzed protein isolate with the highest digestibility and fastest absorption.
Recipe Tips: Post-Workout Recovery Shake
- Preparation time: 3 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 minute
- Portion size: 1 Glass
- Number of servings: 1
- Cooking style: American
- 2 scoops of Evocarbs by HSNsports
- 1 scoop of Hydrolyzed Whey Protein by HSNraw
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||0.2g|
|of which sugars:||16.1g|
How to make: Post-Workout Recovery Shake
- Mix all the ingredients in 400ml of water, you can use a shaker or blender.
- Shake or blend properly.
You can read more related content here:
- Complete Post-Workout Supplementation Protocol. Read more