Doing exercise during Christmas is possibly one of the most complicated feats of the year for fitness lovers and those who like to stay fit.
We are almost on holiday! Finally, some time to wind down from work and rest for a few days. This is probably what most people think about the Christmas holidays.
However, it can also be a big headache for those who follow a healthy lifestyle and who want to stay fit. Why?
- Gyms do not open on holidays
- We have to attend meetings that involve eating a lot…
But, leaving that aside, it is true that it is a time of reunions, celebration and remembering those who are no longer with us.
Grab a pen and paper because we are going to give you a series of tips and routines to exercise during Christmas. What for? Well, so that you will live a true Fitness Christmas!
5 Tips for a Fitness Christmas
Another year, we gather with our dear ones to enjoy their company for a few days. It is a time to share good moments with those who, for different reasons, we cannot see a lot throughout the rest of the year.
Moreover, we fitness lovers know that it is a season that involves excess in many ways
Should we stop doing exercise during Christmas? No!
Doing exercise is a way of life and, as such, it is connected to our day to day. At least, that is how I see things.
Some people prefer to completely wind down during the holidays. But those who truly love sports will not stop by any means, not even on holidays…
Consequently, we will have to do outdoor activities. Or you can check if there is a park with pull up bars.
A possible workout routine to do exercise during Christmas would be:
- Jogging to warm up for 5-10 minutes.
- HIIT: 5 sets, alternate between a fast pace and recovery pace, following this pattern: 15″-15″ + 30″-30″ + 60″-60″
So far, we would have made an incredible job… But we can keep going!
Routine using own body weight and with the elements we can find on a park:
1) 5 rounds without break:
- 5 pull ups
- 10 toes to bar
- 15 air squat
- 20 push ups
2) 3 rounds without break:
- 10 jumping box
- 15 triceps dips
- 20 sit ups
3) 5 rounds without break:
- Lunges 20mts
- Kipping 20mts
- Walking 20mts
Since the gym will most certainly close some days, I would take the routine and go for a full body. For example, we can add more antagonist super sets, as I explain in this article.
Thanks to this system, we will be able to “empty” the energy reserves faster, which will be full due to the copious meals 😉
Control what you eat
Our tables are going to be full of delicacies that we usually tend to avoid. Do not worry, it is almost impossible not to eat some of these products at this time of the year.
However, you can still follow these tips:
- Intermittent fasting. You can try out this system to lower your calorie intake. For example, if you are a lot for dinner and you are not hungry the next day, do not eat breakfast.
- If you drink alcohol, do so after you eat. Also, you can drink a non-alcoholic beverage or water during the meal… Although this is more difficult 🙁 Always go for drinks that have less alcohol degrees such as wine or beer.
- You can plan a menu if you are the host. Therefore, you can make sure that there is no saturated fat in sight. Do a menu that is still in consonance with this festivity, but made up of light and delicious dishes. In fact, you can find some ideas in our blog. You can also make big dishes, more starters and let your imagination run wild in the kitchen 🙂
- If you are a guest, there is nothing you can do. If you know about nutrition, you will know what are the best ingredients to make you feel full. For instance, sauces, seasonings, fatty meat, sweets… On the contrary, you can use seafood, ham, mature cheese, fat-free meat… It will be up to us to stop eating if you go for the latter.
- Leave in time. The moment when the host leaves a tray with all kinds of nougat on top of the table…
- Infusions and digestive stocks. Above all, this is particularly useful the next day after a copious meal, since they have a diuretic effect that cleanses the body. There is a wide range: fresh fruit, green vegetables, green tea infusions, chamomile…
But above all… enjoy yourself!
This date is all about reuniting with your loved ones. A time of the year when we have some time to share with those who really matter.
So, it is fine if we deviate a little bit from our path towards fitness 😉
- Tips to eat healthily after Christmas
- Stay fit this Christmas
- Do you know how to avoid weight gain during Christmas?