Would you like some Digestive oat biscuits? Then, follow this recipe!
Digestive Oat Biscuits Recipe
Let's make some delicious and nutritious oat biscuits.
Recipe Tips: Digestive Oat Biscuits
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Biscuit
- Number of servings: 10
- Cooking style: American
- 90g of Thin Whole Oat Flakes by HSNfoods
- 120g of spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 100g of Crunchy Cashew Butter by HSNfoods
- 110ml of skimmed milk of vegetable drink
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Sweetener to taste (we have used 20ml of liquid saccharine)
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||1.2g|
|of which sugars:||1.2g|
How to make: Digestive Oat Biscuits
- Put the milk and cashew butter in a bowl. Mix it up.
- Add the whole flavour, oats, salt and sweetener. Mix it really well until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Knead it for a few minutes and make a ball.
- This mass breaks easily. Add a tablespoon of milk to the mass to add some consistency if necessary.
- Store the mass in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Then, take it out and spread it with a roll in a surface with some flour. Do this process little by little to avoid breaking it.
- Now, make the biscuits using a glass or the cap from a jar (like we did), or make balls and flatten them with your hands.
- You can use a letter stamp to put the word Digestive or leave them like that.
- Put them on an oven tray over baking paper or a non-stick surface. Use a silicone spatula to transfer the biscuits to the oven tray, since the mass will stick. By doing this, we will avoid breaking them when we try to take them from the table.
- Preheat the oven at 180º on the top and bottom, without fan. Then, bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes. Take them from the tray and let the cool on a grid.