When we talk about collagen, the first thing that comes to mind is a firm and terse skin. But the benefits of this protein go further beyond. If you are curious, you came to the right place! In this post, we are going to talk about hydrolyzed collagen, its benefits and properties.
Collagen, the ally of beauty and healthCollagen is the most abundant protein in our body. In fact, it makes up to a 6% of the body weight and a 65% of all the proteins. The fibroblasts synthesize collagen, which are also the main cells of the connective tissue.
If you think that this only affects the way we look, we are sorry to tell you that you are wrong. A loss of collagen triggers joint and rheumatic problems apart from more flaccidity and wrinkles.
So, after reaching a certain age, taking collagen stops being an option and it becomes a necessity.
What is Hydrolyzed Collagen?
Before we delve into the concept of hydrolyzed collagen, we need to explain a couple of things. For example, before being modified, collagen is the most important protein in the human body. Although it is spread throughout different organs and tissues of our organism.
This protein plays an indispensable role in the skin cells, providing firmness and elasticity. All in all, this will help us prevent the onset of wrinkles.
However, pure collagen is a big molecule, which is why the body cannot easily absorb it. So, collagen undergoes a hydrolysis in order to obtain hydrolyzed collagen, which have smaller molecules. The result? They manage to cross the intestinal walls and reach the tissues.
But, where does hydrolyzed collagen exactly come from? Well, this food supplement is obtained from the bones, skin and muscles of certain animals such as fish, cows and pigs. Later on, it is transformed into gelatin. The fat-free bone is mashed and ground, then soaked into acid in order to remove the calcium.
This process is possible thanks to the number of amino acids that do not suffer any damage. Said amino acids are quickly absorb in the blood flow and they are used to produce new collagen.
What is Hydrolyzed Collagen used for?
Do you want to increase the production of collagen in your body? Then, taking hydrolyzed collagen is the easiest and most effective way to do so. By taking it, you will delay the aging process or the deterioration of the tissues.
Not in vain, this protein is present in all the important structures of the organism, such as the bones, tendons or ligaments. Its purpose? Provide firmness, support and elasticity.More info about the functions and uses of collagen for the body.
Benefits of Hydrolyzed Collagen
Why should you take it?
At what age do you think that the body starts losing collagen? It is probably less than what you are thinking, since this tends to happen around the age of 30.
Moreover, collagen transcends the physical aspect and provides structural support to the body. Therefore, it is an indispensable protein for the lungs, liver, muscles, blood vessels or teeth.
If you are wondering who could benefit from hydrolyzed collagen, you are about to find out…
Who can benefit from Hydrolyzed Collagen?
- It is perfect for adults over the age of 50. Combine it with vitamins C, B2, B6, hyaluronic acid or magnesium (read more).
- Athletes and active people. Physical exercise can deteriorate or damage our ligaments and joints. Therefore, collagen will help to:
- Improve the recovery from injuries
- Preserve the bone density
- Relieve the joint pain and inflammation
- Increasing the resistance of the joints, tendons and ligaments
- Strengthen the muscles
- Our body starts to subtly lose collagen around the age of 25. From that moment, the production of that protein drops progressively. A one-way trip, unless you do something to fix it! At the age of 30, the amount of collagen in your body drops a 1% each year. Consequently, that loss is quite significant after reaching the age of 50. You may be wondering, what can hydrolyzed collagen do for me? That is quite simple:
- Preventing osteoporosis
- Delaying the progressive degeneration of the cartilaginous tissue
- Repairing and regenerating the joints, ligaments and tendons
- Improving the elasticity of the skin and wrinkles
- Strengthening the hair, eyelashes, nails, teeth and gums
- Preventing constipation and gastrointestinal discomfort
- Improving the functioning of the eyes
- Supporting the functioning of the lymphatic system
- Increasing the energy
- Helping to reduce the cellulite
How to take this powerful antioxidant?
Hydrolyzed collagen is available in different formats, alone or combined with other substances. The soluble powder can be mixed in water, tea, juice, soups…
The absorption rate is faster if we take it with liquids. Moreover, this food supplement has been supported by experts and it is indispensable in your diet.
Where can I buy it?
More interesting content about Collagen:
- All the info: collagen for vegans
- Physical exercise and collagenP
- Benefits of Glycine and Collagen
- Click here to see a complete list of the sources of collagen
- How to take Collagen and how to combine it: Make the most of this Supplement
- In this post, we talk about the different types of collagen and all their benefits